Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are fairtrade...

• Fairtrade? What's that all about...

• I don't drink tea or coffee...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Both the tea and coffee I buy are fairtrade. I don't know how much extra the producers receive from the sale but I hope it's worth it.

Co-op do Fairtrade wine too.

Brock

I like the idea of fairtrade, although am slightly cynical about whether the word on a packet actually means what I would want it to. I have to admit though that I usually just grab what looks good for the price.

Brock

Dayvo said:
Must admit that I don't know much about this fair trade thing; I buy my coffee via the Internet from Vietnam.
Sounds fair enough to me; cuts out a lot of middle men.

Interesting.. Got a link?

Brock said:
Dayvo said:
Must admit that I don't know much about this fair trade thing; I buy my coffee via the Internet from Vietnam.

Brock! Here it is:

http://www.trung-nguyen-online.co.uk/order2.php

It is the BEST coffee I have ever had. The Robusta/Arabica one is my favourite to date (I've only tried two types, though).
I would recommend that you tried the sampler pack for a tenner then you can decide which you like.
It comes via Cardiff (almost cutting out all the middle men). :eek:
If you need any tips, just ask.

SamNichols

Keith Oates said:
Never heard of fairtrade, what's it all about!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith, Fair Trade is the mark of certification by an independent charity, the Fair Trade foundation. Holders of the mark must pass a test that ensures that the farmer is being paid a fair wage for what he is selling. In the case of coffee, last time I checked, the big names (Kenco, Nestle) were paying around £22 for a standard sack of coffee beans; those dealing with the fair trade distributors were being paid around £36 for a comparable size; obviously a fairly large difference. In the beginning, the mark was applied to coffee, tea and cocoa (these are the products that most think about when they use fair trade), but it now also applies to all manner of things, including fruit, flour and stacks of other stuff. Basically, it means that the consumer knows that the product is ethically produced. It's a solid idea, and one that is growing in popularity in the UK. I use Tea Direct tea, and Cafe Direct coffee for the most part, although I also like the blend 'Lazy Sunday' by Taylors of Harrogate, which has an ethical reputation (but isn't fair trade marked).

Brock

Dayvo said:
Brock said:
Dayvo said:

Brock! Here it is:

http://www.trung-nguyen-online.co.uk/order2.php

It is the BEST coffee I have ever had. The Robusta/Arabica one is my favourite to date (I've only tried two types, though).
I would recommend that you tried the sampler pack for a tenner then you can decide which you like.
It comes via Cardiff (almost cutting out all the middle men). :eek:
If you need any tips, just ask.

Looks good, I'll try it. Thanks Dayvo!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fair trade tea at home and at work, and rarely drink coffee, so I guess it depends on whether I'm at Nero or Starbucks, and what their policy is...

Top Bottom