Your Easter Sunday plans (England, sorry!)

Would you do a normal sunday group-ride, or visit family?

• Visit family

• Do a group ride

• Neither (because you're still staying away from other folks, or you have better things to do!)

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't believe in the big feller upstairs, so it's just another day for me. Sunday is my rest day from exercise, so I wouldn't normally be riding that day anyway.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Easter falls in the middle of a 7 day stretch of late shifts starting next Wednesday, so I'll be on a solo ride - the commute.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well ...
- I did give a 3rd option! And;
- My survey is aimed specifically at people who often join a ride on a Sunday, but on a normal Easter would spend it with family instead. And;
- Unless you are joining Ming's bender, I don't believe there ARE that many exciting activities available on Easter Sunday! :P

Mings bender definitely sounds like fun. :ohmy:

And... are you implying that visiting family and group cycle rides are exciting? Just out of interest. :smile:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Good Friday, friends coming around to sit in the garden for a drink and nibbles probably getting very wet. Sunday, group ride 6 of us.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It's really too soon to be sure but I suspect we will meet up with family under the rule of six.

Saturday and Sunday are my usual rest days but I'll already have done three "rule of six" rides by then - first one is 9.00am March 29th. My club will be running three or four organised rides on Easter Sunday.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Maz has invited her Son and his Wife round for dinner so I'll be cooking, don't know how many of the Grandaughters are coming, we're having Lamb so the middle one* might not want to as she's vegetarian and hopefully the eldest might go to her partners parents but knowing my luck all 3 will turn up.

* middle one is 14 so there's all that teenage hormonal angst too, don't get me wrong she can be lovely but it depends on the day.It may be that Ellie wants to go to her other grandparents as they're veggie too (but only Quorn type non meat eaters so it's fake Sausages, Burgers, Lasagne and 'Cottage Pies' etc)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Sunday is my usual ride with my mate day, involving a "takeaway" bacon and egg sandwich and coffee, so that will probably be the case again, as long as neither of us have "big" lunch plans that interfere, in which case shorter or earlier ride with no bacon will be the case.

Normal sunday involves big meal later in the day

lane

Veteran
I put neither. Don't normally venture out Easter Sunday due to being busy. Can only meet parents in Garden which will require it to be WARM. Will be starting group rides but not on Easter Sunday.

steverob

Guru
Most Easters, assuming the weather is good (and by good, I mean not bucketing down with rain) I try to get two long-ish rides done - one on Good Friday and one on Easter Monday. The thought process behind that is that I might as well make use of the extra long weekend and give myself two days to recover between the two of them. I have no reason not to try and do that this year as well. Both rides will almost certainly be done solo however - not really a group ride kind of guy, even in non-pandemic times.

rivers

How far can I go?
I have a 3.5 hour endurance ride in my diary. Might see if any of my friends want to join me for it. Although I will most likely be on my TT so bike, so they might not want to join me

Julia9054

Guru
I'm moving a shed. Could probs do with some help if anyone has run out of exciting activities
Have decided moving the shed is too hard. Going to build the patio around it and pretend it’s a beach hut!

Top Bottom