Your fantasy bike shed / bucket list

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I am disappointed that nobody has mentioned having a tandem in the garage bucket list, ours comes out 3 or 4 times a year and is always enjoyed by both of us.

I did think of this. My fantasy bike shed only has room for a tandem OR a recumbent. Not both.

And I'm pretty sure my wife's expression would NOT be one of delight if I unveiled a Tandem so I'd end up with a very long heavy bike.

simongt

Guru
And I'm pretty sure my wife's expression would NOT be one of delight
And if I rolled up with a tandem, I would also get the icy 'Jog on pal - !' stare from the GLW - ! :rofl:

Venod

Eh up
I have a 1992 Chesini, it's on the turbo, I would make room for one of their modern steel offerings.
1664981721450.png

Last edited:

Caperider

Way back in 2020 whilst on the cusp of purchasing an example of the renown jack-of-all-trades Genesis Croix de Fer, I foolishly clung to the pure, minimalist ideal of owning but one bike. As of this day I have five and can't help myself yearning for more..

This thread invites you to leave at the door the bounds of all reservations, morals and practicalities and lay bare your material desires for the mutual pleasure of the good people of CC :becool:

If I had the luxury of more accomodating bicycle storage (as well as a more palettable lifestyle) I'd love the following:

A proper old-school gent's town bike - the epitome probably being a Raleigh Superbe. Something I can casually waft into town on and arrive cool and unflusted in my houndstooth Harris tweed jacket and chinos, ready to be universally, comprehensively rejected by the ladies:

View attachment 663273

-A vintage steel tourer; a bicycle I can float around the countryside on, pretending it's still the golden era of cycling and that mankind doesn't have to face the inevitable repercussions of decades of irresponsibility and greed.. The obvious mainstream choice being the formidable Raleigh Randonneur:

View attachment 663274

An original, period-correct thoroughbred Italian steel road bike; probably one of the more subtle offerings such as a Rossin of some description (not too keen on the aestitic of the one below, but a few tweeks would see it right IMO)..

View attachment 663275

A modern, lugged steel road bike with a modern mech. group set; such as a Condor Classico:

View attachment 663276

A fat bike - not too familiar with what's on the market but something ridiculously slack for wafting over dunes and drifts with gay abandon. Perhaps a Surley Pugsley:

View attachment 663277

A decent, steel full-sus XC MTB (if such a beast exists - not something the image search is au fait with it seems!)

So, what's on your fantasy bikeshed bucket list?

Salsa Bucksaw is the beast u are jonesing for! I have a 2016 bucksaw full suspension carbon triangle they do make in full carbon .mine is 33 lbs. Not sure of carbons weight . its$ 4999.00 new I bought it as a left over on eBay for 2200 in the box and put it together myself .its my favorite bike :smile:there is a company in England that builds a fat recumbent that looks like the Buccetta recumbent its neat.this is what my salsa looks like , its like ride a couch in the woods!

th.jpeg

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Cannondale systemsix or simalar

Enigma ti for training.

Cervelo Caledonian for gravel!

Spa ti for touring or 725 if you must!

Current stable is

Focus izalco team - £250 frame.

Cannondale six MK1 £350

Scott CX bike £250

My old student bike British eagle 501 £50.

Raleigh 531 spdu vintage bike.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
If I was going to build up another bike, which I'm not, I'd like to do it around one of these.

1665045826464.png

It's a sport touring geometry so I think I'd Campagnolo the hell out of it and rock up to some sportives for a laugh. Get some racks on it as well, use all those eyelets, make it super practical and sporty with it.

If I was going to build up another bike, which I'm not, I'd like to do it around one of these.

View attachment 663523

It's a sport touring geometry so I think I'd Campagnolo the hell out of it and rock up to some sportives for a laugh. Get some racks on it as well, use all those eyelets, make it super practical and sporty with it.

If you ever do, make sure it has a rear brake bridge across the twin tubes. If you only have the 'normal' position bridge to play with, it makes cabling awkward and untidy.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I am satisfied with the 4 I have. They all get used according to the weather. Another bike wouldn't make me any faster, the legs decide on that and with advancing age, my mph will only decline so no need to spend more money for no extra benefits.

I think I would need a tardis like shed. I not too fussed of the brand although I like bikes from smaller less common sources. But in my shed there'd be at least:
A Road Bike
A TT Bike
A Gravel bike
A cyclocross
A Tourer
A Hard tail Mtb
A Full Suspension Mtb
A fat bike
A cruiser
A Folder
A Road Fixie
A Track Fixie