Your fantasy bike shed / bucket list

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
After how poor I have been lately on any of my bikes I fear my next one may well have a motor and a battery on it😟

Not somewhere I want to go too soon but the body is telling me otherwise!

iandg

Legendary Member
I don't need another bike. I've got 6 and currently only 2 are getting regular use. These are my Surly Long Haul Trucker and Surly Cross-Check. Both with flat bars and used for road and off-road respectively.

I also have a Genesis Equilibrium (which I used to use for training, club rides and audax) and a 1970s Raleigh Professional (fixed wheel). Both are currently stripped down because health issues make drops uncomfortable.

A 631 Henry Burton (Aravis) Audax/Tourer is currently sporting riser bars and I use it as a utility bike. This is going to get the dyno-hub wheel and lights from my audax bike fitted and I'm going to pass it on to one of my lads for commuting across Edinburgh.

There's also a stripped down 1990s Trek MTB in the shed. Going to build this up into a SS shopping/utility bike to replace the HB that I'm passing on.

Don't know when I'll be well enough to ride the Genesis or Raleigh again. I have parts in the shed to convert the Raleigh to a retro geared bike should I be fit enough for retro festivals in the future.

If I won the lottery/had a windfall I would, however, get myself a Dursley Pedersen - just because ;)

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Since getting my 🦄 I’m good for frames. I’m getting some groupset fettling done, could do with getting the narrower bars and fatter tyres fitted on the (partial infrequent) commuter and then I think I’m sorted with the current 5 :whistle:

GuyBoden

Guru
HB_916_002+copy.jpg

HOPE-1365.jpg

Both Hope Bikes.
https://www.hopetechhb.com/bikes

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I just about have all the bikes I need. 8 in total.
3 tourers,, 2 Dawes Galaxys, one my original from 1975, the other new in 1996.
1 Raleigh Royal, saved from the skip and rebuilt this year..
1 Audax, Dawes
1 1970's Falcon
2 Condors, Italia and a Classico,
1 Brompton.
They all get used in a kind of rotation, depending on the weather.
They tick all my boxes.

FishFright

More wheels than sense

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I high pivot pint give better suspension kinematics but affects pedalling adversely , this solves that problem. Ideal for longer travel bikes which need to pedalled uphill at a reasonable rate, eg Enduro racing.

It reminds me of those early 20th century weird designs they came up with when they couldn't quite figure out what was best and had odd chain routing, like retro-direct drives.

simongt

Guru
I'm perfectly happy with my '92 Super Galaxy, '81 Dawes Fox and 2014 Brompton M3. Between them, they do all I could need with bikes. :okay: ^_^
However, space allowing; which we don't have and money no object, I would add a Paris Galibier and, if I could find someone who could build one for me, a Thanet Silverlight. :tongue:

Top Bottom