Your favourite bar tapes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A good selection here:
1627089343301.png

Oops - you said tapes. Mind you, same for both - start at one end and work your way along :cheers:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Since the only tape I can buy has to be from Decathlon I've found their Comfort gel tape to good and inexpensive (£8).
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/comfort-gel-handlebar-tape/_/R-p-308410

Nebulous

Guru
Our local Evans was closing due to a disagreement about rent and I bought a few discounted bits and pieces. Ended up with one of their own brand bartapes and really liked it. They then changed their minds and reopened it and I've been back since to buy more.

It looks as though it is in short supply, but it was this stuff- the textured feel works for me and it provides some decent cushioning for long rides.

FWE Vex Gel Bar Tape | Evans Cycles

Dirtyhanz2

Brooks leather bar tape my favourite silly expensive for what it is but I am quite light on it so I get about 6months and try and pick it up of ebay a bit cheaper
The apple green is the best colour love it goes great with my apple green b17 got to match haven't you 😂

Amazonian

Regular
If you dislike cork and want a more rubberised type of tape, I really like either Zipp CX or Kinesis 4 Seasons tape. Both are very grippy and easy to wrap, but do wrap a bit thicker than cork or Lizard skins (depends on preference if that's a pro or con).

fatjel

Veteran
I like Halfords bike hut cheap stuff. It’s thick and lasts ages.

After the bike fitter did an absolutely awful job at re-taping my handlebars, I bought the fizik classic you suggested. I'm putting it on tonight and it already looks and feels great to the touch :okay:

I put on the bar tape last night and did an alright job considering it was my first time. Although, the fizik bar tape I chose looked good when packaged up but I hate how it looks when it's on the handlebars. Don't like it one bit. I don't like how the white border looks against the black bar tape, and I don't like how the fizik logo pops up in different places on the handlebars.

I'll keep it on for a couple of months just to get some use out of it but I'm already looking forward to changing it with something better :laugh:

Oh well, live and learn.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's bartape, a consumable, just use until it wears out (or you fancy a different colour) :okay:
The stuff I have doesn't have any logos, maybe it's changed

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Planet X's 'Holdsworth' tape is really nice for £10.

Profile Design's DRiVe tape is really nice - grippy, comfy and has the best 'end tape' I've used so far. It is £20 a pack though.

Top Bottom