Your favourite Beatles song?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Happiness Stan

Wondered how long...

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Paperback Writer.

Because of the urgent, killer riff that's conveniently also nice and easy to play.

- although it's 'son of Day Tripper':
PW riff = DT riff squared​

Also, it's nicely uptempo, feelgood and exceedingly enjoyable to sing along to (especially the lower pitched outro line).

What is it with the Beatles that somehow they get put in a division above all other musicians. Bit like Python.
I cannot listen to a Beatles song without being bored by it as it has been done to death and most do not stand up to the passing of time. They are the parrot sketch of music.

I would agree that when most 60s albums had 3 good tracks out of the ten the Beatles generally had more (in their day). But it was all a long time ago and about as good as the wings stuff that followed.

Cubist

Still wavin'
During my formative years (ie when I was getting an ear for music,) my sister and her mates all played Bowie, my cousin on one side played all Deep Purple and Led Zep, and my other cousin played stuff like Focus and Floyd.
There was a kid in my study at school who had one of those mono tape players and played nothing but the Beatles on it. I remember thinking then that it was shite compared to what I was used to listening to. I couldn't stand their music then and I can't stand their music now.

Sorry, don't meant to come across as highbrow or trendy, it's just that I can't enjoy listening to it.

Top Bottom