Your favourite Beatles song?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My bible
book_cover_home.jpg

Available from Amazon :rolleyes:

threebikesmcginty said:
I shall acquiesce to these choices as ianrauk is CC's biggest Beatles fan! :smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
Come on you guys, Wings were far better then the Beatles...

All together now.. Muuuuuullll Of Kintyyyyyreeeeee!!

and when we've all finished that one (two three four)

My sweet lord
Ooh my lord
etc

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And not forgetting his quote about The Police..

"That was Roxanne from the The Police, of course now called Sting"

upsidedown said:
Reminds me of Alan Partridge's answer "The Best of The Beatles" when asked what his favourite Beatles album was !

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
'It's All Too Much' (a huge piece of brass, feedback and handclap-laced psychedelia from George), 'Northern Song' (John) and 'Hey Bulldog' (Paul) - they are all contractual obligations from the Yellow Submarine soundtrack and show that The Beatles were far better when they weren't trying so hard.

Other than those: 'Dear Prudence' and 'Daytripper' - and I know it's now fashionable for people who want to seem independent to sneer at The Beatles, but they produced more decent songs that most other bands of their generation.

That said, I still prefer The Kinks - who had way more style.

Happiness Stan

Flying_Monkey said:
I know it's now fashionable for people who want to seem independent to sneer at The Beatles.

yeah what's that all about? Is it a 'I'm Hipper/Cooler Than Thou' thing where you have to say that the Congolese Hip Hop Duo you are into are way, way better.

ChrisKH

Guru
I don't want to seem independent or anything else for that matter, but after having unintentional aversion therapy as a child (looped tape Beatles music, at least that's what it seemed like at the time) I could quite happily murder Paul McCartney.

Happiness Stan said:
yeah what's that all about? Is it a 'I'm Hipper/Cooler Than Thou' thing where you have to say that the Congolese Hip Hop Duo you are into are way, way better.

I think it's different for people who were living when the Beatles first started, who grew up with their music when it was new and have memories associated with hearing the songs. One of my earliest memories of hearing any record played at home was the day my brothers went into town shopping after school and brought back the single of Twist and Shout which was then played for about an hour solidly!

I don't get into debates about the significance of them to the development of pop music - each to his own - I just enjoy listening.

Top Bottom