your favourite kitchen utensil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
P1030476.JPG
Top: A solid lump of stainless steel for brutalising cloves of garlic

Bottom: My Hannibal Lecter poultry shears:hyper:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Fancy new pressure cooker's getting a fair bit of use but really I just wouldn't be without a good sharp knife.

Oh yeah, and my eaziglide neverstick2 pan is astonishingly good.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My garlic press.

I broke a succession of cheap ones so I finally splashed out about £20 on a quality one with a lifetime guarantee. (It has lasted over 10 years so far and is still good as new.)

winjim

Smash the cistern
My garlic press.

I broke a succession of cheap ones so I finally splashed out about £20 on a quality one with a lifetime guarantee. (It has lasted over 10 years so far and is still good as new.)
Oh, they're hateful things. My wife uses one, it's such a pain to clean and makes everything in the diswasher smell of garlic. What's wrong with simply a board, a good sharp knife, and a pinch of salt?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've got a lovely old Sabatier knife, pre-war I think and that has lovely balance and is kept sharp with a proper 'steel'. The only snag is it rusts if you don't wash and dry it immediately after use.

gbb

Legendary Member
I brought myself a couple of Teflon frying pans after Xmas...after getting fed up of our former pans sticking all the time. Love using the new ones.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
I love my large stoneware baking bowl. All sorts of yummy treats come out of that.

I've got two slow cookers that see a lot of use at this time of year. Also some silicone waffle moulds for making baked oat waffles.

I only have a small kitchen so I can't buy any more gadgets.

Top Bottom