Your favourite lube....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Don't use it then.
Do we really need to produce concrete evidence, links, original documentation, and witness testimonies to everything before posting on a cycle forum? It's not exactly a parliamentary debate on a life changing issue :rolleyes:.

I just thought if the OP was recommending something, it might be useful to say why. He cleaned his chain = he now has a clean chain. That tells me nothing about the lube. All it tells me is he cleaned his chain.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
I don't see any evidence of that.
I'm very sorry that there's no evidence of your not having a nice day.
I had one.

Citius

Lol - what a bunch of oddballs. I'm only asking for some info on your experiences with this 'wonderful' chainlube, ffs. I thought that's what forums were for - asking questions and (ideally) getting useful answers in return. I must be in the wrong department.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
I'm with the OP on this one. Been using it for a good while now. It lasts well between applications even in the wet. It is not too mucky or gungy. It is not difficult to apply. It appears to make the drivetrain nice and quiet and smooth. Much prefer it to other Lubes I have used.

Oldbloke

Guru
I'm with the OP on this one. Been using it for a good while now. It lasts well between applications even in the wet. It is not too mucky or gungy. It is not difficult to apply. It appears to make the drivetrain nice and quiet and smooth. Much prefer it to other Lubes I have used.

Me too, excellent stuff is Stealth.

Sadly I've run out of it, can't find it in France...so back to Finish Line until next visit to Blighty

Citius

You are. Go and find another one :hello:

You mean go find a forum where a simple question is met with a reasonable answer? Sounds like that might be difficult.

Citius

Citius

I think the OP should be banned from posting about this oil until he/she can produce a peer-reviewed paper from a recognised technical institute which demonstrates its effectiveness.

Or maybe just a couple of indicators to why it is so good. Let's leave the peer-review stuff to the fluid dynamicists and oil technologists, eh?

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Or maybe just a couple of indicators to why it is so good. Let's leave the peer-review stuff to the fluid dynamicists and oil technologists, eh?

Well to be fair, the thread title is 'Your favorite lube', so the implication is for you to suggest yours. He also said that it does what it says on the blurb, which is pretty descriptive. I use Halfords own brand. It's cheaper than any other I've found and it works. It also smells nice...like chain lube...
What's yours?

Citius

Well to be fair, the thread title is 'Your favorite lube', so the implication is for you to suggest yours. He also said that it does what it says on the blurb, which is pretty descriptive. I use Halfords own brand. It's cheaper than any other I've found and it works. It also smells nice...like chain lube...
What's yours?

I don't have a favorite. But simply stating that something is your favorite and then seemingly avoiding (and the OP does seem to be being deliberately obtuse on this matter) all questions as to why it might be his favorite, does seem strange - and slightly at odds with the idea of a forum, where the objective is to enable people to make informed choices, rather than relying on blind faith, no?

Perhaps it would be easier if I didn't ask any more questions on this - they're obviously too difficult to answer

Last edited:

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Gorshk...well...he says it's true to the blurb, so from the blurb, my interpretation is that he likes:

"Stealth lube last longer, runs smoother it also protects the chain from wear and tear, giving you a better ride and longer lasting components"

"exceptionally quite, clean and long lasting. It offers silk-smooth lubrication by deep penetration of chain and linkage components. The heightened lubricity reduces fatigue, heat generation and stretch. Aided by specific cushioning additives, the chain delivers an extremely quiet ride. Corrosion protection is incorporated into the unique air-drying formula."

My own preference has the following particulars:
  • Light oil for general purpose use.
  • Protects against rust and corrosion.
  • Ensures the sommth running of all cycle parts.

I especialy like the sommthness, as opposed to the lumpy ride I get from lard.

Top Bottom