Your favourite "pre-made" curry spice brand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
Ferns was really good , not seen it for a long time though ,

dodgy

Patak's is good, but not much less work than putting the spices in yourself. I found a recipe off the Internet years ago and have been using it ever since. Fry onions in some oil, add ginger and garlic fry some more, add spices and dry fry then add meat and fry further. Add tinned tomatoes and some yoghurt and slow cook for a few hours. Serve with some fresh coriander on top.
Easy.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am a bit confused - are these just pre-mixed dried spices? Why not just buy the spices individually and mix them according to your tastes and recipes? Personally I pick up my spices in the supermarkets and markets when I visit India for work. Although I did have one explode on the way home once which challenged the washing machine.

The one I just tried was a pack of dried spices. The only thing I could add if I wanted was coriander (and of course my lamb, onion, mushrooms, canned tomatoes and red pepper). Have to be honest..........we both thought it was the nicest curry we can recall having for many years.
The problem I find with picking my own spices is.......we don't tend to eat them often enough to warrant keeping ALL the necessary spices in the cupboard. This way we can simply buy, say 3 or 4 different packs to try.

Top Bottom