Your homeland paradise?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Evilcat

Vancouver for the summer months: great food, good wine, excellent pro-cycling culture in/around the city, proximity to Vancouver Island for a more rural experience.

NZ South Island for the rest of the time: good weather (not too hot), great food, excellent wine, relaxed pace of life, and good, mixed cycling, from easy runs on the Canterbury Plains to 1000m climbs up extinct volcanoes.

And the rest of the time in San Francisco and Marin County: decent cycling culture (as good as you get in the US, anyway), decent wine (can you spot a theme?), great scenery and big city lifestyle.

Can't pick one... I feel another round the world ticket coming on, despite the CO2!

EC

simonali

Guru
Evilcat said:
Vancouver for the summer months: great food, good wine, excellent pro-cycling culture in/around the city, proximity to Vancouver Island for a more rural experience.

NZ South Island for the rest of the time: good weather (not too hot), great food, excellent wine, relaxed pace of life, and good, mixed cycling, from easy runs on the Canterbury Plains to 1000m climbs up extinct volcanoes.

And the rest of the time in San Francisco and Marin County: decent cycling culture (as good as you get in the US, anyway), decent wine (can you spot a theme?), great scenery and big city lifestyle.

Can't pick one... I feel another round the world ticket coming on, despite the CO2!

EC

All good choices, but can you have 2 "the rest of the time"s? :biggrin:

I liked SF. Some cool shops down in Haight Ashbury (music and bike).

Evilcat

simonali said:
All good choices, but can you have 2 "the rest of the time"s? :blush:
And the rest of the time in Melbourne (sunny weather, great cycling along the Ocean road). :blush:

If I had to choose one place it would probably be South Island NZ: I've never had a bad glass of wine, never had a lousy meal, never seen a traffic jam and never had truly bad weather in New Zealand. More sheep than people of course, but then again I'm Welsh...

EC

walker

stevenb said:
If you could only ever live in one place ever again in the whole world, where would it be?

Again? I've only ever lived in SE London, and I'd not wish this place upon my enemies.

Where I would like to live? Well I'm off to Aus shortly but I would like to live in the Carribean, maybe Dom Rep as they have some great mountains to cycle up and cycling there appears to be the American version of our Majorca

rich p

ridiculous old lush
wafflycat said:
I'll be quite happy to stay in Norfolk, as it's wonderful cycling, with its myriad of lanes. I would, however, like to live here in Norfolk in a Huf Haus that's carbon neutral and the roof all solar panelled.

Did you see Grand Designs with a Huf House last week. Quite impressive Teutonic work ethic - no wonder they won the war!

mr Mag00

rising member
^ ahahahaha, that grand designs makes me curl with embarrassment, german on time etc, us ? late with concrete and the crane we only had to do 2 THINGs FFS!

I would love to live in the Alps french or Italian although talking to those who live there need to get away to see horizons more than a few miles away lol, but the riding and skiing whoop whooop!!

Milo

Guru
Ooh Dawlish been there nice.
The bloke on grand designs makes me angry patronizing twerp.

wafflycat

rich p said:
Did you see Grand Designs with a Huf House last week. Quite impressive Teutonic work ethic - no wonder they won the war!

Yup it was a repeat - it was originally shown possibly a couple of years ago. I *need* a Huf Haus...

got-to-get-fit

New York City for me .......although i suspect the cycling would take a serious battering.

I love its pace, edge, choice, attitude, variety, complexity and vision.

One of those whitewashed loft apartments would suit me down to the ground.

Top Bottom