Your innovative front light mount ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
I've got the opposite problem, because I'm so short, can't fit a seat post light without the panniers hiding it.

If seat post too short, or the rack bag is hiding the rear light, try ....

- take the red lens and batteries out
- drill 4 small holes through the back of the light
- use 2 small zip ties, through the holes and through the rack bag or if lucky, the bag will have something external for the zip ties to go round.
- keep the excess of the zip ties and these can help to keep the light in the vertical position required.
- when drilling the holes, have to find a location that wont interfere with the batteries when you put them back in.

Keith

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Of course. 2 of my bikes have a standard rack, but can only fit one light, I like to have two. So I use them wee flashy ones you often link to as additions.
My bike with disk brakes has a rack that needs a particular light to fit the rack, haven't got one yet as it is out of stock in my lbs, so I'm using a strip of inner tube to secure a smart rear light. Still, would like two rear lights on all my bikes in winter :tongue:

You should be able to fix a bit of plumbers piping on the back of the rack which you can then fix the light to.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Nothing wrong with a second light on your helmet. Keep it below your gaze, and make sure it's lightly fixed / unobtrusive and you'll be fine. I used to find it great on big roundabouts, where you can be much more.visible with a directional light.

It's also great on country roads, where a.directional light makes life so much nicer. :smile:

Have you seen the two fish lock block on DX? The take 2-4 weeks to come, but work really well.
S

Agreed on both points, the TwoFish LockBlocks are a very useful addition to ones kit list.

Tim Hall

I've got a fork crown mount on one bike. A neat-o bit of bent stainless steel with a light mount to suit a B&M light on the other end. Fits, as you would expect, on the fork crown. You may need a longer brake bolt if you have caliper brakes.

I used to use an unholy combination of a cast off handlebar mount, lump of Poly Morph, rubber band cut from an old inner tube and a Tesco ten quid torch. But that doesn't really help the OP, as it takes up handlebar space. A Minoura space grip can help with that.

Jody

Stubborn git
upload_2014-9-30_13-56-53.jpeg

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...gclid=CIuloIf_iMECFazItAodyzwApQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I use a Hope universal mount on a Solarstorm X2. Great bit of kit for any brighter than the sun light. As you can see from the pic it is approximately 1cm in width so will fit where there is a lac of space.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
View attachment 57798
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...gclid=CIuloIf_iMECFazItAodyzwApQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I use a Hope universal mount on a Solarstorm X2. Great bit of kit for any brighter than the sun light. As you can see from the pic it is approximately 1cm in width so will fit where there is a lac of space.
Thats what i use as well
@Pat "5mph" , does you panniers have a loop on the back to attach lights too ?
I have a rear light hooked on each pannier as well as one on the seat post , another option is to cable tie a bit of broom handle to the rack and attatch lights to that ?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
If seat post too short, or the rack bag is hiding the rear light, try ....

- take the red lens and batteries out
- drill 4 small holes through the back of the light
- use 2 small zip ties, through the holes and through the rack bag or if lucky, the bag will have something external for the zip ties to go round.
- keep the excess of the zip ties and these can help to keep the light in the vertical position required.
- when drilling the holes, have to find a location that wont interfere with the batteries when you put them back in.

Keith
Thanks for taking the time to write all this down, but, really ....:girl: ;)
Anyway, I've got waterproof pannier covers.

You should be able to fix a bit of plumbers piping on the back of the rack which you can then fix the light to.

another option is to cable tie a bit of broom handle to the rack and attatch lights to that ?
Cheers for that, guys, genius, great suggestions! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom