Your local trails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I just went round the Marin Trail today and it was fine. some muddy puddles but nothing to stop you in your tracks. Interesting to see that there had been some recent maintenance to it and the introduction of a series of drop offs since the last time I rode it about 18 months ago.

Motozulu

Über Member
there are a few on the forum I think, it gets added to every year built in my 5 acres of woodland on the side of a steep valley. 300ft top to bottom. When the weather perks up i ll take some more piccies.

Luke that sounds brilliant - time for a Cyclechat party round yours then? :wahhey: and Cubist - thanks for the answer to the Avids and I understand more clearly now. As a non fan of faffage I'd be in the Shimano camp methinks.

HovR

Über Member
Going to the forest today, planning on doing the Verderers and Freeminers trail with a few from the club. It's supposed to be a bit damp, but they're not called all-weather trails for nothing, so I guess we'll just see what happens!

Cubist

Still wavin'
I just went round the Marin Trail today and it was fine. some muddy puddles but nothing to stop you in your tracks. Interesting to see that there had been some recent maintenance to it and the introduction of a series of drop offs since the last time I rode it about 18 months ago.
Cubester and I rode the Marin in September. We'd heard a lot about the final descent, how terrible it had become, but how well it rode now that it had been rebuilt. I can honestly say it's the most fun piece of MTB trail I've ever ridden. Those steps and turns make all that saw-tooth profile worthwhile.:becool:

cubby

Über Member
We have been out a few times on the MTB's lately and its all about finding the right routes ..... Some of the more well known ones are ruined, but there are still plenty of good riding to be had ...
Saddleworth - 23rd December, Dale near the end of a 20 mile ride and still cleanish :smile:
382917_10151390737252650_89797414_n.jpg

lukesdad

Blimey H 00.02 this morning and you ve already done a ride that's some going :ohmy:

HovR

Über Member
Going to the forest today, planning on doing the Verderers and Freeminers trail with a few from the club. It's supposed to be a bit damp, but they're not called all-weather trails for nothing, so I guess we'll just see what happens!

Had a great day out on the trails, we ended up doing Verderers (which is mostly fine apart from one or two sections soft sections) twice as it's such a good route. Some standing water on the hardpack but still a great day out. Freeminers is pretty much the same, some mud in places but not much.

lukesdad

Nice piccies cubby.

Licramite

Über Member
We have been out a few times on the MTB's lately and its all about finding the right routes ..... Some of the more well known ones are ruined, but there are still plenty of good riding to be had ...
Saddleworth - 23rd December, Dale near the end of a 20 mile ride and still cleanish :smile:
382917_10151390737252650_89797414_n.jpg

look on your face say's it all. - sod the mud and wet. - lovin it.

Top Bottom