Your mode of transport prior to bike commuting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Before I started cycling to school/ college/uni (What you want to call it) it was two buses for me. I don't know if you guys agree this. I like cycling because
1. It wakes you up in the morning
2. your ready for a day of work and are awake to do it. It also keeps you motivated through the day because you look forward to cycling the way back afterwads
3. It's good exercise and good for environment. It also saves money :smile:

Agree with all of this :okay:

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
Supercharged Mk2 Golf followed by a GTO Twin Turbo. Still get there faster on the bike 9/10 though..
What colour gto?

Those were the days when Japanese had good sports car competition. Gto supra NSX 300zx Celtics MR2 prelude 200sx.

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
Before I started cycling to school/ college/uni (What you want to call it) it was two buses for me. I don't know if you guys agree this. I like cycling because
1. It wakes you up in the morning
2. your ready for a day of work and are awake to do it. It also keeps you motivated through the day because you look forward to cycling the way back afterwads
3. It's good exercise and good for environment. It also saves money :smile:

I like what you say but agree with none of it :smile:
I think a good comedy video on the train would wake me up. I wouldn't be motivated to work coz all is think about is my bike. Actually I don't think it's good all round exercise. Its better than no exercise, but not as good as an round workout.

Randombiker9

I like what you say but agree with none of it :smile:
I think a good comedy video on the train would wake me up. I wouldn't be motivated to work coz all is think about is my bike. Actually I don't think it's good all round exercise. Its better than no exercise, but not as good as an round workout.
Well with the workout the only exercise you do with getting bus/train is the little to walk to get there. Also it is cheaper because an all day ticket on bus bus (which works on any bus) is £2.50 (if under 21) or £4 if your over 21. So if you calculate over a month. 2.50 x 30= £75 or 4 x 30= £120 and then calculate per year is 2.50 x 340 (I don't say 365 due to holidays.) = £850 or £4 x 340= £1,360.
Also that was my own opinion because I find going out on my bike to college wakes me up and therefor I'm more motivated to do the work as I look forward to cycling my bike home from college. Also comedy doesnt happen on buses or trains here well not when I've gotten them.
Also another thing I forgot to mention I can wake up later as since it only takes 20 mins (It used to take 30 mins but I''m quicker now since I've been doing it for a while) and when I got two buses in total it took 60 mins. So I save a good 40 mins. (which is a lot). Since I used to have to get the bus around 7.30am. then wait for another bus afterwards. Plus 5-10 min walk to bus stop both times. During that times I had to wake up around 6am to get ready. Because had to leave at 7.20am but now because I cycle and it only takes 20 mins the latest I could leave and still be on time to lesson is 8.30am because I start lessons at 9am and would get there for 8.50am. if I left at that time. So now I don't have to wake up till 7am and that's an hour difference!.

Last edited:

Lonestar

Veteran
My very first commutes were by bike.

Mean't to say...not a lot has changed.....had the odd flirt with train bike combo...Last time I used the tube was December last year when the pedal broke off from the crank.That's a rarity,though.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Pretty much full time on the Metro these days. Moving house and having child care drop offs and collection has knackered my commuting by bicycle.

b413a-10979677_333596216829824_1028023778_n.jpg

Top Bottom