Your mode of transport prior to bike commuting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Always riden to work even when I passed my test

subaqua

What’s the point
Varied .
Sometimes was walk then bus onto tube and walk.

Sometimes walk bus train walk

Sometimes walk train walk

The best Olympic legacy was me getting back on a bike for more than a Pootle in park.

7 years now and getting more adventurous in what's cycleable and still being able to do a full days work and cycle home.

Summer time is best as will cycle train cycle to Cambridge then ride all way back at end of day :smile:

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
Yep, jet pack for me too.

Seriously, I've never driven, so over the years its been a mix of bicycle, bus, legs, taxi, tuk-tuk, cycle rickshaw... depending on the distance, the weather, how I feel, and where I am (I've worked in Asia, as you might guess).

Currently I work from home, and when I get out of bed I'm closer to my desk than to my bike. And I really like the fact that cycling for me now is pure pleasure and nothing else.

As I was transitioning from leisure riding to commuting, I knew one day I would get bored of the bike commute. So I take regular breaks from the bike commute, not at present times of the year, but just when I feel like it. Usually one week every few months.

It makes me realize how lucky I am to ride. It sometimes gets to be a chore because in the way in to work, I realize there, well, work. So all I do it itch to get back on in the evenings.

Safety first bond, good job for remembering to put your helmet on. :okay:

Personally, I used to commute by car, I did for 7 years (if I count my uni days too), now, it's been nearly 4 on the bike, couldn't be happier out of the rush hour traffic jams.
That is, without a doubt, the best bit of the cycle commute. The pure joy of riding past a colleague, in their car, and arriving 10 minutes before they do.

subaqua

What’s the point
Sounds good! On what kinda bike?
Radon disc TCS 9
radon-tcs-9.0-disc-464703

Hopefully you can see . Whanky protocols

AndyMack

Taxi, plane, boat, plane then taxi is my routine for every job, when I'm off I use a car if the wife and I are going somewhere, a van if it's just me pottering about, and over the last month a bicycle purely for pleasure.

Edited to say, sorry I misread the thread title, I don't commute to work!

Last edited:
I did bus, car, train ... so only an odd one to add? In one job, sometimes I walked, sometimes I biked, and sometimes I took a hantour. Not the skinny, skinny horses like this though.

horse-drawn-carriage-or-hantour-carries-tourists-past-market-stalls-AWF4DW.jpg

Top Bottom