Your must visit again place in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

I try and get to Glencoe every year at some point. One word for it: humbling.

South Queensferry Alecs - my hometown (sorry if I told you this before). Funnily enough I now live just 4 miles from it, but having spent 12 years elsewhere. I like it more now than I did for the first 17 years of my life!

Used to get drunk as a yoof and wander out along the gunnel under the railway track on the bridge. Woooooooooo!

ChrisKH

Guru
Scotland, as I've never been.
Lake District, as I've never been.
Back to Halifax and Hull to see how they've changed.
Pentewan Sands & Mevagissy in Cornwall; many happy summers spent there as a child.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
simonali said:
I have somewhere that is a mustn't visit again place; Butlins in Minehead!

I like the Malvern Hills and am definitely gonna take the bow wow next time.

Have never been to the Lake District and would like to go there before I'm too old and arthritic to go for a good yomp!

If you visit the Malverns, you could meet up with me and two other forummers, they know who they are;).

red_tom

My father in law owns a place just outside of Lochcarron with some of his friends from school. Fantastic place to visit and great cycling too - the Bealach-na-ba is about 7 miles away. :smile:

simonali

Guru
ChrisKH said:
Pentewan Sands & Mevagissy in Cornwall; many happy summers spent there as a child.

Went to Mevagissey last "summer". I've been to Cornwall as my UK holiday for the last 2 years and had pishing rain all week both times!

Speicher said:
If you visit the Malverns, you could meet up with me and two other forummers, they know who they are;).

Will do. Won't have a bike, though. Only the dog or the bike will fit in the car and the dog's going next time (last visit 2006).

wafflycat

ChrisKH said:
Scotland, as I've never been.
Lake District, as I've never been.
Back to Halifax and Hull to see how they've changed.

Get thee to Scotland & the Lakes. I spent many a childhood holiday up in Aberdeenshire/Banffshire/Highlands as I had relatives there. Lovely part of the world.

Lakes - lovely - but I am a wimp, so when I go there I walk rather than cycle. I don't do hills on me bike!

U

User482

Western Isles are utterly stunning. I've had two great holidays up there, touring around Skye, Lewis, Harris & the Uists. I will definitely be back.

Mortiroloboy

In no particular order :-

Bridgnorth (shropshire) Coalbrookdale, where the Ironbridge crosses the River Severn.

Mount Caburn ( South Downs).

Any of the lakes (Lake District).

Cuckmere Haven (East Sussex).

Cliffe Hill, Lewes,overlooking the town (East Sussex).

Lewes Castle, overlooking the town (East Sussex).

Beacon Hill, near Newbury, looking back towards Highclere Castle (Berkshire).

Top of Brean Down ( Somerset) looking down onto Weston-super-Mare.

simonali

Guru
User482 said:
Western Isles are utterly stunning. I've had two great holidays up there, touring around Skye, Lewis, Harris & the Uists. I will definitely be back.

I have a strange yearning to go there. I think it's coz my street is named after one of the islands (well the pony from there more specifically, as all the roads where I live have an equine theme). Looked it up on t'internet and it looks very nice oop there.

Smeggers

mondobongo said:
I love going to Robin Hoods bay, fish and chips from that fantastic chippy Maryondale Fisheries in the alley halfway down the hill the Bistro at the bottom is pretty good also. Then watching the evening draw into night with a pint of Theakstons plus Whitby is only a few miles down the road.
Spooky - I was about to put something similar!

ChrisKH

Guru
simonali said:
Went to Mevagissey last "summer". I've been to Cornwall as my UK holiday for the last 2 years and had pishing rain all week both times!

I have to confess this was 37 years ago, hence the inability to spell.

alicat

Legendary Member
Wastwater, particularly Wasdale Head and the hills above. My favourite place in the UK even though I'm (whisper it) from Yorkshire :biggrin:

Top Bottom