Your must visit again place in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
ChrisKH said:
I have to confess this was 37 years ago, hence the inability to spell.

Well if you go again try the Wheelhouse restaurant. Luvverly fish place.

http://www.wheelhouse.me.uk/page9.html

Southern lake district, Rusland Beeches, go off the road at the north end up the hill slightly and find a small waterfall, under a spreading beech tree, for a few days every spring there is a clump of primroses in flower by it, at four in the afternoon when the sun is directly on it:- heaven. Rest of the lake district: if you've seen one hill you've seen them all.

Summit of Blencathra....

A mountain with so many faces, routes, views and different challenges.

From the grassy walk up across the common and Blease Fell in the west to the spectacular Sharp Edge:

03.11.21_0022.JPG

papercorn2000 said:
The Cairgorms

Are they a bit like the Cairngorms?;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Constantine bay on the N. Cornwall coast.
Agree on Wasdale/Wastwater and although busy I always enjoy the Langdale Pikes.
Dartmoor.

gbb

Legendary Member
South coast is fabulous in many places...Weymouths one of my favourites...but the coastal path from Hayle, headed north toward Gwithian and Portreath is spectacular. There may be better, but ive only been once, and really really want to go back ;)
Tyneham in Dorset as well...its the village that was evacuated in the war and they were never allowed back. A walk down to the cove and you're greeted with a spectacular hill / ciff and a mostly deserted long long beach.

Rotherslade Bay, part of the larger Langland Bay in the Gower. I come originally from the Mumbles and loved it as a child, still do now. Have a photo of it on my computer backdrop at home.

Keith Oates

Janner
Cornwall is also the place I'd like go and as I was born there a visit to Perrenarworthal would make me happy. Riding around the Roseland Peninsular is also worth a try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave5N

Über Member
Intelligenthamster said:
Rotherslade Bay, part of the larger Langland Bay in the Gower. I come originally from the Mumbles and loved it as a child, still do now. Have a photo of it on my computer backdrop at home.

Ooh - that reminds me of Fall Bay (poss. spelled wrong). You almost need to know it's there to find it.

Top Bottom