Your number one fear with cycling ?

What is your number one fear with cycling ?

• Getting run over

Votes: 61 53.5%
  • Getting your cycle stolen

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Getting caught in a downpour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Getting too old to be able to ride

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Getting a puncture

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

Answers on a postcard :thumbsup:
I've had a couple of cycles stolen over the years, but never been run over. Any other questions to add to the poll ?

None of the above

Octet

Veteran
I'm definitely more concerned about my bicycle getting stolen than anything else. Whenever I am out with a couple of friends, I'm normally saying, "Do you think the bikes will be OK?"

Even though I live on an island with negligible crime figures and they are secured to a metal post by a D-Lock.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I voted for the run over option (out of the choices given).

My actual biggest fear is probably some kind of high speed, downhill crash. Something involving the headtube breaking away from the top tube or maybe the handlebars snapping. Unlikely though and I don't think about such things often. Well, I didn't until I read this thread!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I was looking forward to (read: dreading) that climb yesterday after the ToB Gun Hill KOM but the lad who was going to lead couldn't come, so we took a less brutal route.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I'm definitely more concerned about my bicycle getting stolen than anything else. Whenever I am out with a couple of friends, I'm normally saying, "Do you think the bikes will be OK?"

Even though I live on an island with negligible crime figures and they are secured to a metal post by a D-Lock.
We all live on a island, it is called Great Britain and crime is high on this one!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Mine is a fairly common fear, I guess. On my roadie, going down a fast hill, with a bend in the middle, wet, but countryside, so no traffic. A herd of sheep suddenly morph into "horror-clowns", and jump over the fence, chasing me down the hill, waving axes, and laughing maniacally, their eyes red and glowing, their bow ties spinning, fake flowers in their lapels spurting blood instead of water. :smile:

Top Bottom