Your own persoanl bike lane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Back in the real world there is a light to create the same effect the DiNotte tail light (or better still the 400L), if you want the "illuminated bike lane" effect just add a cut out to your pannier rack and shine the light through it...

RedBike

Blimey. Have you read some of those comments.

By Yogurt at 3:41 AM ON 01/16/09
I agree 100% with Kelevra and the fact that there are two of us already means there would be a whole lot of us more out there in the world. Being that self involved to give yourself your own bike lane makes people want to run you over.
This is the stupidest thing ever. We made side walks so that cars could avoid people and people could walk safely, now the cars have to share the road with bicycles? Talk about unsafe.
Why can't bikes just ride on the sidewalks? Are we afraid of pedestrian-bicycle collisions more than we are automobile-bicycle collisions?
RIP Tom Smith, killed by a drunk bike rider while he was walking on the curb.

RedBike

BTW, I think it's a great idea. Just a shame that drivers probably wont be able to see it. (It's probably not that bright and will be completely swamped by car headlights.)

I still think the rider in the photograph should have a rear light!
Perhaps even a helmet?

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
RedBike said:
BTW, I think it's a great idea. Just a shame that drivers probably wont be able to see it. (It's probably not that bright and will be completely swamped by car headlights.)

I still think the rider in the photograph should have a rear light!
Perhaps even a helmet?

Na should just follow my recommendation of using DiNottes, they really do illuminate the tarmac behind the bike and helmets are a waste of money...

Arch

Married to Night Train
"I agree 100% with Kelevra and the fact that there are two of us already means there would be a whole lot of us more out there in the world. Being that self involved to give yourself your own bike lane makes people want to run you over.
This is the stupidest thing ever. We made side walks so that cars could avoid people and people could walk safely, now the cars have to share the road with bicycles? Talk about unsafe.
Why can't bikes just ride on the sidewalks? Are we afraid of pedestrian-bicycle collisions more than we are automobile-bicycle collisions?
RIP Tom Smith, killed by a drunk bike rider while he was walking on the curb.
"

Um... Doesn't the last sentence sort of answer the one before? If bikes were allowed on the pavement, wouldn't there be even more pedestrians hit?

Cab

Arch said:
Um... Doesn't the last sentence sort of answer the one before? If bikes were allowed on the pavement, wouldn't there be even more pedestrians hit?

You're not dealing with the sharpest knife in the drawer there you know... :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hairy Jock said:
Welcome back Arch, haven't seen you around for a while...

Oh? I've been around on the forum, but I haven't had so much to say in commuting for a while perhaps (I think I either get to a thread late, and someone's already said what I think, or I feel I've said it all before or something). Anyway, thanks, it's always nice to be missed.:biggrin:

Top Bottom