Your perfect bike ride - UK only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avsd

Guru
Ards peninsula Newtownards/Portaferry/Strangford ferry does it for me

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For me (when I'm fit !)  Holmfirth - Langsett, over the Strines, down past Ladybower Res, over the Snake Pass, through Glossop returning over Holme Moss.

A really satisfying (read knackering) ride with fantastic scenery, and on a good Sunday morning, not too bad with traffic.

Have you got a pedal cycle or a motor cycle. All I can say is bloody hell.
In June 2007, I  rode from Hebden Bridge over some very lumpy hills to get to Holmfirth, then did Holme Moss and Snake Pass to Ladybower, rode the length of the Peak District through Bakewell and on down to Coventry with small panniers on my bike. A week later I did it back the other way but detoured via Strines (Ewden Bank! :eek:) and Langsett. About 140 miles and 10,000 ft of tough climbs each way. They were both pretty satisfying rides, especially getting up Ewden Bank carrying added weight on the bike. The first time I tried it, years before, I had to dismount and take my Look shoes off to walk up it!

In 2007, I was a lot slimmer and fitter than I am now...   :sad:

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
where = where ever Martine McCuthcheon's been on her ride

when = at the same time as her

why = cos she's fit as ...

mart.jpg

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Sheffield-MTB. Out through thew A57 and Rivelin, up onto the tops by Stanage and froggatt, then Blast back down Greenhouses lane and through Endcliffe park on a late sunny summers evening, with Dan, Chico and Ben. Good times.

There really sounds like some great rides out there, a few of them I know but many I don't. Like so many others on here I love to ride uncharted territory. Those that have great rides on their doorstep - wouldn't it be great to host them? I would be more than happy to come and ride those that are within a reasonable driving distance. At the moment all the rides listed are the same ones constantly repeated. I have nothing against this but from the descriptions I am reading there is obviously scope for many more.

Keith Oates

Janner
My favorite ride when home in Falmouth was the following:

Falmouth Sea Front - Swanpool - Maenporth - Mawnan Smith - Porth Navas - Constantine - Gweek - Coldrose - A3083 to The Lizard - return back on the A3083 to Helston with a detour through Mullion and Curry - Then A394 to Rame Cross - Longdowns - Mabe - Penryn - Falmouth.

A good day ride with a few climbs to keep the legs in trim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
where = where ever Martine McCuthcheon's been on her ride

when = at the same time as her

why = cos she's fit as ...
Martine, Martine
With your riding machine
And your beautiful hubs and your triple,
Please accept my downtube
And my offer of lube
And my keenness to grease up your nipple(s)

My Perfect Ride; I think it all depends what mood I'm in I like nothing better than to disappear into the wilderness (well as wild as central Scotland gets), cycle at my own pace and contemplate things but on other days my perfect ride would be in a group and some days I like a fast or slow group.

postman

Legendary Member
Mine is from Meanwood to Langstrothdale .Including Burnsall ,Kettlewell and Buckden .

There is only so much Yorkshire you can take in at once .

Bigsharn

Veteran
York-Wetherby-Leeds was an amazing ride, I'd love to do it again some time (and maybe manage the return journey too this time)

Top Bottom