Your phone calls are no longer private

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
you're still safe - provided your partner doesn't get to listen to your calls.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
So what, I don't car e if they listen to the calls either, they'll be very bored.....

If it stops another bomb down the road from me, like on 7/7, then it's a good thing.

Monst

I can...good photo tho..90's style bloke using a phone whilst driving?....tut....modern journalism..I don't know....

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
They have them all for billing purposes anyway, just need to be available for investigation of nefarious purposes, I guess. I trust the government, and I'll throw in my DNA too...

Arch

Married to Night Train
KitsuneAndy said:
I dont care to be honest.. I dont make any dodgy phonecalls.

Anyway, on reading the article, they aren't listening to your calls or recording them, they're just going to make it so that telephone companies have to keep a record of calls you make but not the actual call content.

And according to the Today programme, yesterday, they've been doing it on a voluntary basis for years anyway...

KitsuneAndy

Arch said:
And according to the Today programme, yesterday, they've been doing it on a voluntary basis for years anyway...

Wouldn't surprise me.

Any financial institutions have to keep records for atleast 7 years incase of any need to investigate anything. Some companies elect to keep them for longer.

Top Bottom