Your race today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Not cycling, 5k run on saturday, South Manchester Parkrun, 5K at Platt Fields Park. Time = 23:32. 54th out of 117! Dissapointing but also educational as far as pacing goes! Not being a runner at all and never been in a race before my pacing went tits up from the off as the competative edge came out and the adrenaline said go go go! Even with a HRM I failed to pace. I pretty much spent the whole time in the red unable to get my HR down! I blazed the 1st 3k keeping up with all the real runners, but then thought I was going to go game over so to had to slow for a km or so! Managed to compose and keep it going, by the final km I was composed but also tired. Made a lame attempt at a sprint finish to scratch back some of the lost time in the 4th km, probly made back about 10-15 secs, lol.

I should be able to do a sub 22 min 5km run. Cant run again for like 2 races because of work commitments (Its keeping me off the bike so Ill only be able to run, so will be working on my pacing), but when I do it next I will be a good bit faster.

iLB

Hello there
did the BUCS 10 on saturday afternoon, fairly pleased with my 24.50- only 18 seconds off my current PB in my first TT of the season and without having trained on my aero bars...

here is me catching flies near the finish line

IMG_2308.jpg

Young Un

3rd in our Club hilly 10. Time of 25-38 which sounds slow, but if you ride round the course you'll see why! First junior home, and first host club member home, and the two guys that we're quicker had discs and skinsuits, whereas I was on 50mm front and back, and a normal jersey. Looks like 2010 is going to be a good year for me!!!

Noodley

Rode my first ever TT tonight in club midweek league....9 miles over an up and down course in strong winds - I was fine on the flat (and downhill bits :biggrin:) but as soon as it went upwards I ground to a crawl :whistle:

But I enjoyed every second of the 26min 47secs it took me - it might become addictive...I could have done with fitting some tribars beforehand.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
22:43 last night in relatively still conditions. We expected it to be a quick evening but that didn't happen. Looked at my Garmin at the end to see that my max HR was 190 which is about 11 beats higher than usual. Downloaded the file at home and immediately saw why; at 4 miles a tractor pulling a huge spreader came rumbling past by a difference of only about 4km/h but pulled in on me as the back wheel of the trailer passed me. Bloody scary when there was nowhere to go on the left so must have been the adrenaline kicking in!

Brahan

Über Member
Noodley said:
Rode my first ever TT tonight in club midweek league....9 miles over an up and down course in strong winds - I was fine on the flat (and downhill bits :laugh:) but as soon as it went upwards I ground to a crawl :blush:

But I enjoyed every second of the 26min 47secs it took me - it might become addictive...I could have done with fitting some tribars beforehand.

This is what I like, more and more people taking on their first TT. :thumbsup::smile:

It is addictive Noodley, no doubt about it. Well done mate.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Another evening 10, and faster for less effort. last week's felt really uneven, this week I started off slower and rode the whole thing more smoothly. 23:46 (24:39 last week). I always seem to forget how to pace them over the winter, first one back I'm accelerating, recovering, accelerating..

Winner did a 20:48 (only 49s off the course record). He came past me on the way back-a messy rider, whole upper body bobbing up and down. He didn't look fast, obviously works for him though.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
Lovely day for it - just PBd again. Now down to a 21:54 for a 10 on the smoothest road I've ever seen in the UK. It was a bit up and down and the wind didn't seem to have a clear direction.

Until today this course wasn't renowned for being very fast but it was won with a 19:13!!

Brahan

Über Member
Will, you look good on that bike dude. (you bastard :tongue:) You've chewed 3 secs off my PB too. (you complete bastard:angry:) Well done - excellent work.

I did a 10 on Sat and a 25 on Sun.

Saturday I finished 10th and still had loads of legs for a big sprint - I didn't know the course.

Sunday I finished 13th. The difference is that I'm delighted with this performance, after leaving so much in the tank the day before, I kicked with 5 miles to go and ended up over 2 minutes up on the the time I did on this course last Oct (with a season of racing in my legs) so I'm a happy bunnny.

I finished on 58:40, the winner was the same guy who the day before did a 19 at Will's event and he did a short 51.

aJohnson

My brother entered me into a race so it'll be my first next week, not expecting much due to it being my first race but it'll be nice to see what racing is like.

stevevw

Guru
My second race at Hillingdon last night went Okish. Not pleased with having to pull out with cramp with 5 laps to go but happy enough with most of the rest of the race, except for some stupid mistakes I made.

After about 10 laps I had made my way up to about 12th going well and not feeling that stretched, then 6 or so riders jumped off the front and stupidly I tried to go with them. Managed to just get on but was well into and out the other side of the red so soon dropped off back in to the bunch, managed to recover a bit on the next lap and was Ok until the pace went up and the cramp started. Tried to carry on but in the end had to stop. So much to learn, but still having fun.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
mr Mag00 said:
just entered my first MTB race for *cough cough * years on May16th in Wareham Forset, 2hr Enduro

Hmmm.

I've never considered anything like this. I don't own an MTB.

But I like cyclocross, and there won't be any races before September.

And I don't have anywhere to put another bike.

I'm interested though.

mr Mag00

rising member
Hmmm.

I've never considered anything like this. I don't own an MTB.

But I like cyclocross, and there won't be any races before September.

And I don't have anywhere to put another bike.

I'm interested though.

i dont know that is anything stopping you riding a cross bike here, i understand that it is a particularly flat hard packed fire track course with only one short sharp rise in it, check with the orgainsers to see if you can ride it.

Top Bottom