Your race today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I've got a couple of pics but my phone isn't very good at action shots

That's Steve 6th from the back left

s3d91t.jpg

and another this time on TEC duty

2enrer8.jpg

Good effort Steve. You looked like you enjoyed it :biggrin:

scott s10

did a 3 mile tt on wednesday and did it in 6mins.25secs, no wind but had just eaten an big plate of sausage and mash. lol

5k - 20k - 5k Duathlon.

Boxed in at the start of the first run. Nice bike leg, taking folk on the hills and maintaining a nice cadence (need to work on my cornering though, perhaps I've lost a bit of bottle following some crashes). 2nd run only 23 seconds slower than the first.

25th, 9th in category. Not bad for a first attempt.

Brahan

Über Member
Hey will, if that was a pb on the same course then you're going well, especially since the season's just started.

I had a weekend of it, a 10 on Sat and a 25 on Sunday. I'm not too happy with either performance tbh. A 22:57 and a 59:03, in pretty decent conditions too. Meh - pi55ed off and tired today.

Are you doing intervals yet?

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
I rode last night's 10 on the road bike with the PowerTap to check on progress. Time wasn't important but I averaged 298W NP so I was where I want to be for the moment. Time was 25:07 which got everybody who hadn't noticed the road bike asking what had happened...normally I'm knocking out a mid to long 22.

stevevw

Guru
My race yesterday at Hillingdon's LVRC event turned in to a time trial. A trial of patience stuck in traffic on the M25 and then the M4 which was closed while I was on the M25/M4 slip road :smile:. And lack of Time to get to the track before the race started, I missed the start by 10 minutes after taking 3 hours 10 minutes to do the 50 miles from work (should of gone on the bike). I parked up the van, met up with Alan (whose bike was also in the back of the van) made my apologies and we then watched the last 50 minutes of the race. The initial pace looked high with four riders slightly off the front, they got brought back after a couple more laps and the pace then dropped to around something I could have lived with. Even the intermediate sprint did not split the bunch this time. On the last lap it was interesting to see a lot of riders moving up from the back going down the back straight preparing for the final sprint. Perhaps someone was looking out for me making me miss the race as on the last corner 20+ riders went down in a big crash about where I would have been in the bunch. Actually being in the bunch is wishful thinking I would have probably been dropped miles before then. :smile:

In two weeks time I will leave work even earlier and will not be late.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Just the local evening 10 for me.

First time trial of the year too- normally I get a couple of 25s in by now.

24:39, a minute off my best time last season for the course. Not that I care, it felt great to blow the cobwebs out some. I never have any enthusiasm to train until I've got the first one out of the way.

Brahan

Über Member
palinurus said:
Just the local evening 10 for me.

First time trial of the year too- normally I get a couple of 25s in by now.

24:39, a minute off my best time last season for the course. Not that I care, it felt great to blow the cobwebs out some. I never have any enthusiasm to train until I've got the first one out of the way.

Excellent stuff.

So that was your first of the season, did you get the, 'why am I doing this?' at about 1 minute in? ;) I always do.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I did. I spent the whole day thinking I didn't want to do it, I was nervous during the push-off, and although I'd gone hard during the warmup the effort still felt terrible. The only training I've done, and it's not been much, has been at about my 25 pace.

It's always the same, but I never get used to it.

I felt good afterwards though.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
Won my first money today - finished 2nd in the open section of the BUCS 10 mile TT champs on the E33/10 east of Cambridge. I did 23:13, 12 seconds off the open winner. Feeling tired after 2 weeks of hard riding and racing. Taking a few days off from Monday to recover and target a short 22 on a fast 10 course next weekend.

ILB was there too, but not sure where he finished.

scott s10

welyn track league on friday night, first 2 races i came 3rd (just getting used to my first ever track race) 3rd race i came 2nd in the points race and the handicap race i won all the way from the back by myself and won 4 quid

Top Bottom