Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
Was gonna do my usual route today but it was such nice weather thought id go 44 miles around the River Stour, What a ride 2hrs 22mins ave 18.4mph some steep hills too
ride1_zps9d6b4dcc.jpg
Shhhhh! Don't tell people about the hills! They mainly stay away from Suffolk thinking its flat.

Oh, and that's the wrong end of the Stour, down there by the Orwell Bridge.

Strictly speaking, dr_pink's ride today with me on duty as chief mechanic and bottle hander upper. It was the North Norfolk 100 mile time trial. It was 23C in the shade so we knew this was not going to be easy especially as she was riding a new, untested bike. For the first 40 miles dr_pink was flying but nowhere near full gas when disaster struck, I was a couple of miles up the road ready to hand a bottle up when my mobile went off, dr_pink's chain had come off and was wedged solid, quick u-turn screech to a stop and fix problem with much swearing. Four minutes lost, her heart rate sky high and the next 60 miles done on the 53 ring just in case.
She won. 4.43 07 but for miles 40 to 80 she was in a dark place. Actual ride time was 4.39 but I think would have been quicker than that. On balance not a bad ride on a slow lumpy course.
About 1 mile to go.
50AADDAF-1D67-496B-807C-07E69E2BA166_zpsuoxiqvrq.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

Strictly speaking, dr_pink's ride today with me on duty as chief mechanic and bottle hander upper. It was the North Norfolk 100 mile time trial. It was 23C in the shade so we knew this was not going to be easy especially as she was riding a new, untested bike. For the first 40 miles dr_pink was flying but nowhere near full gas when disaster struck, I was a couple of miles up the road ready to hand a bottle up when my mobile went off, dr_pink's chain had come off and was wedged solid, quick u-turn screech to a stop and fix problem with much swearing. Four minutes lost, her heart rate sky high and the next 60 miles done on the 53 ring just in case.
She won. 4.43 07 but for miles 40 to 80 she was in a dark place. Actual ride time was 4.39 but I think would have been quicker than that. On balance not a bad ride on a slow lumpy course.
About 1 mile to go.
50AADDAF-1D67-496B-807C-07E69E2BA166_zpsuoxiqvrq.jpg

Well done dr_pink a superb time, shame about the chain though, a minor teething problem with the new bike?

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I'd love to live in Canada!! Not sure about the bears chasing the bike though :whistle:
You've got the cougars to watch out for as well:tongue:...

LimeBurn

Über Member
Not been out on the bike for over 2 weeks which is unheard of for me having a severe lack of motivation lingering but sun was out and a friend invited me to join him on the space for cycling ride in Sheffield, only 4 ish miles but I rode down and back which made it a nice round 35 miles which was lovely in the sunny weather - slow average as the actual ride was at snails pace - the protest side of things wasn't to my liking but it was nice to see so many people out on bikes (around 200 or so I would imagine), most of the public took it ok and were happy to see the sight of a geriatric peloton bimbling past. All in all a nice day out on the bike.

IMAG0634.jpg

400bhp

Guru
48 mile ride to sister's today over in Bradford.

Went via Blackstone Edge and (down) Cragg vale. Lovely day, legs not 100% from a long week but the route and scenery was great.

However, I wasn't prepared for this. Stocks Lane in Luddenden, @ColinJ territory:eek:. I passed a rider shortly before the bottom who smiled then chuckled to himself. He KNEW:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom