Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Did a nice little route up to Salisbury plain, did some hills and decided to cut back through town to get home.

There is a little cut through I know of by the railway, a bit dodgy but it saves you about five mins of horrible main road.

Anyway, as I cycle up it there is a group of blokes all stood in a circle chanting "show me dat ass" with their camera phones out and a woman in the middle in a state of undress doing just that, enjoying herself thoroughly.:eek:

As I cycle up, cue all of the blokes running off and leaving said woman looking very sheepish as I pass. :laugh:

She was pretty easy on the eye, but alas wasn't there when I went back again the day after.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm working this afternoon (Booooo) but grabbed the chance to pop into town on the old SS Tesco bike.

All I had to do was put some cash in the bank, so as long as I got back by late morning, I'd not be late!

I used the bike path alongside the Nene and Washlands then up through Becketts Park to the centre.

aDSC_2101.jpg

Just off Market Square. All Saints Church in the background.

aDSC_2102.jpg

The south side of All Saints. Built from lovely local stone.

Time to head back after these pics, basically the same route with a few different wiggles around the roads to the bike path by the river and the canoe centre.

aDSC_2109.jpg

aDSC_2111.jpg

There were quite a few people paddling around in the water today. Must be the sunshine or summat!

Oh well.. work beckons :sad:

A leisurely 15 miles today.

http://www.strava.com/activities/142076008

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
still to put some good miles on tarmac this year...been injured just when i started to get back out, the bike decides its not well, so i've been putting alot of work in the WATT Bike in the gym.....anyone else tried them? i think there brilliant my gym has both models the pro and the trainer...which caught me out when i went on the pro and thought why is this so hard couldnt figure out why i was hitting over 400w until i figured out i was on the pro model lol

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I've been moaning and groaning about having a cold that turned to a bit of a virus for the last 2 weeks. In 2 weeks time I'm in Mallorca for two weeks on a family holiday where me and my brother have a bike (each) for 3 days each week. So I've been worrying that all my fitness is going down the pan.
Last night I decided to bite the bullet and go to circuits, this was a huge mistake as it coincided with the new instructors 2nd class. To say it was brutal would be under playing it somewhat....
So I got out of bed this morning not feeling too bad. I dropped the boy into town as he is doing a first aid course to keep his kayak coaching qualifications up, then we wandered into town for a few bits (I got some flip flops, how outlandish!). We came back home, had a bite to eat, THEN I went out for a ride. I only did my local Gransdens 22 mile loop, and it took an hour and 10 minutes, on some bits I felt awful, and some bits I felt really good.
It was a relief to be back out doing a ride longer than my commute, and such a pleasure to be out in such fantastic weather, enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of spring.
I even wore a pair of socks for the first time that her ladyship bought me for Christmas, that are some lightweight coolmax thingies and I road tested my new DHB summer weight jersey.
Came home, the boss cut my hair, in a minute I'll play my guitar, then it's out tonight for a curry to celebrate Crazy Al's 54th birthday!

Some days life reaches perfection!

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Had planned to ride out today with my nephew starting at 10am. Doorbell rang at 8.30am! :wacko:Rushed about trying not to forget anything, & we got going about 9.15am.
These working people don't seem to appreciate that the day doesn't start that early for us gentle folk. :laugh:
Anyhow, I remembered to take a camera, as I always appreciate other peoples photos on here.
Top of my first climb, Well x-roads.
P1000234.JPG

Down to Lower Froyle, which happens to be at a higher location than Upper Froyle.
P1000235.JPG

Half way up & looking back down the hill going through Upper Froyle.
P1000236.JPG

One of the Houses.
P1000237.JPG

The church, you can get an idea of the hill from the fencing.
P1000238.JPG

Over the main road & heading towards Binstead.
P1000239.JPG

Looking over the bridge on the left.
P1000242.JPG

Some Friends at the top of the hill (Binstead).
P1000243.JPG

Me, yes that fat bloke, looking towards home from Binstead.
P1000245.JPG

An interesting bridge that goes over the road at Bentley.
P1000247.JPG

(Only allowed to attach 10 photos, so will have to put the others in another posting.)

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
So.....
Top of the hill from Bentley.
P1000248.JPG

At the top of the next hill, (near Well again).
P1000250.JPG

You can just make these out in the previous photo.
P1000251.JPG

There is a trig point on the left hand 'bump' at Horsedown Common.
P1000253.JPG

Last hill before home - I have to get up this one (or another one something similar to this) _every_ time I go for a ride!
P1000254.JPG

To give a better idea of how big/steep it is......
P1000255.JPG

Even cars have to scrub off the speed going down it!
P1000256.JPG

So that was my 22 mile ride this morning, (2hrs 30mins including photo stops).

potsy

Rambler
Training ride with some of my colleagues today (and @I like Skol) for the upcoming charity ride to Blackpool.
Couldn't have picked a nicer day for it :sun:

No camera but snapped these with my phone, must have been a bit misted up from the effort we put in :sweat:

Summer bikes resting in the sun

20140517_123348 (2).jpg

Refreshment was needed after 28 miles

20140517_124646.jpg

Skol and jr stuffing their faces :mrpig:

20140517_124651.jpg

Last edited:

Booyaa

Veteran
First time in a long time I was back out on the bike today. Managed 12k around the country lanes surrounding Penkridge and Dunston. Lovely morning for it and hopefully the start of me getting back out and about. New chain making a bit of noise so might need to get the bike servied as the brakes are not doing to great either. Great to be out again, feeling very righteous now!

AboutLee

Regular
Today I did about 14miles. Had a nice ride along the canal to the city centre then a detour to my old area which Im glad I moved from. Its a right shoot hole. Then jumped back on to the canal. My helmet also had a little fight with a low bridge when going under, leaving some nice marks on my helmet. Had to stop a few times because of the duck families I kept coming across sat in the middle of the path.

kipster

Guru
@Old Plodder surprised I didn't bump into you, we were round by Froyle and Wells this morning, a large group of us did 57 miles out from Basingstoke. You couldn't miss us, I had about 25 ish on my ride, mostly dressed in green and black jerseys.

It was a lovely day for a ride but I am now expecting a telling off from the club. I advertised the ride at 15.5mph and we ended up at about 17 :whistle:. Still we got in some lovely hills and a few of the girls got some Strava qoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom