Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
I drove over that bridge yesterday, I didn't have the 5p so I just put me foot down and legged it! :blush:
Lucky I wasn't there to catch you with my camera, and post you up on the Cycle Chat Thread of Shame !

ScotiaLass

Guru
A pleasant 13.5 miles today. Around the Kelpies with a break at the lagoon in Helix Park, and along the River Carron.

Got half way up the incline home in 24th gear, ended up dropping to 12th....last October I was in first all the way up!

Abbotshaughwoods.jpg

Near the River Carron

helix_break.jpg

Pit stop!

kelpie_sun.jpg

Sunbathing Kelpie!

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Normal internet service now resumed, so here are some BHF London to Brighton Overnight Ride pictures from the weekend:
June 2014 part 3 003.jpg Free-for-all as the bikes arrive 2 hours after the coach.About 00:15 am.

June 2014 part 3 007.jpg Yours truly. (Note the chequered reflective helmet band - which prompted calls of "Rozzer!" and "I see the Met's finest have come along. To what do we owe the pleasure?" somewhere near Brixton/Clapham at about 1:00 in the morning!)

June 2014 part 3 005.jpg Tower Bridge. I somehow seem to have failed to notice the Tower of London altogether, despite it being next door. (Told you I was lost). From this point onwards, for the next 60 miles I had no idea where I was.

June 2014 part 3 006.jpg From the start, near H.M.S Belfast

June 2014 part 3 011.jpg Top of Devil's Dyke - where I got an Alpe d'Huez style reception for not getting off and walking. Have just noticed the guy celebrating is wearing a zebra head. Hardly registers as surreal, when compared to some of the stuff I witnessed on the night.

June 2014 part 3 012.jpg The finishing line where I had been told to slow down. This may never happen again.About 08:00am.

despite the administrative cockups at the beginning, i thoroughly recommend the experience. I know some other charities are doing a similar one at the end of September, which they are calling a "Moonride" if anyone is interested. That said, I won't be joining you, as I've had enough of that human zoo!Cheers, Donger.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Started back at work this week so trying to strike a balance between the mental and physical work. End result is less miles on the bike, but hopefully not for long. It was proper hot today by the time I got home and had lunch, so after drinking a few glasses of water I was off out at about half 1. The route planned to make the most of the shade offered by trees, so out through Thorpe and on to Virginia Water-Englefield Green-Chobham-Foxhills. Very nice in the shade. Lots of McLarens out today, all dressed up in protective plastic but sounding wonderful as always. They always give me loads of room which is nice.
Bit of a funny one too. Ambling along Accommodation Road, I saw what I thought was another cyclist in the distance with 2 flashing lights on the back. As I drew nearer it became apparent the lights were on a motorbike, with a rider + pillion riding alongside a cyclist. I figured when I caught up I'd pedal along and have a chat, but they turned round at the end of the road and heading back the way they came from, so I'm none the wiser..
Once back out in the sun I decided it was far to hot, so went home. 15 miles today, not too exciting, but it does bring up the 1000 miles for the road bike actually on the road (I don't count the 178 miles on the turbo trainer which was used for my initial recovery on all 3 occasions..)
Hopefully Saturday will be cooler, though I think it will be an early morning ride anyway.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Lovely pictures as always, is that a new bike I spy in your photos??

Thank you :smile:

Yes it is a new bike....a cube agree GTS race 2014...and a fine ride it is as well !

beardy01

29 miles tonight on fairly flat route but plenty of headwind, still managed 16.8mph average ,however a pretty uneventful ride till about mile 18 when i was nearly knocked off my bike by...........a deer!!!!!! The joys of living in the country its not the tractors or the 4x4 drivers you need to worry about its the wildlife!!!!:sad:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
A quick whip around the Wattlefield, Spooner Row loop and then down past Hethersett to the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital to meet Hubster. This will be the penultimate evening ride to the N&N as Hubster has been moved to Mon, Weds & Fri first thing in the morning dialysis. Unless they move him to an evening for any particular reason I'll either do the route in the daytime or in the car.

My legs felt like hell for the first 2 miles, then they felt OK for 4 miles or so and then they were horrible again.
14.89 miles in an hour and a minute. I need toast now.

Archeress

Veteran
My ride tonight was a social ride with the cycling club. We cycled out to the Brewers Fayre at Filton. A plate of sausage and eggs was delish :hungry:. Afterwards we crossed over and into the park for a few games of petanque. We played until it was quite dark at 10pm before riding home in the dark. I was on the MTB and went a little mad using the speed humps as take off ramps :hyper:.

Hugs
Archeress x

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
This mornings training ride was characterised by rain with extra thunder & lightning! Fun that was... as the local wildlife decided its escape route from this aural onslaught was the across the road right in front of me. No road sense I tell ya! We need to ban all furies from using the roads :laugh:.

THunder storm here as well! I got some photos >
http://summeronabianchi.blogspot.co.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom