Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
My longest ride to date, over 25 miles just and not any hills but after all I am only a beginner.

http://www.strava.com/activities/197569624
Good effort. Won't be long before you start heading East instead of West

watchtowergoggs

Cycled from my bit in the west of edinburgh out to North Berwick. Started off at Cramond and kept heading east all the way along the coast to North Berwick and then back again. Roughly about 60 miles in total which is the furthest I've ever cycled, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Managed to get back home in time to watch the Formula One, which was mainly due to my ridiculous early start time for the cycle. Beautiful day for a cycle but a little bit cold.

I'm planning another cycle later on this week to go see the Kelpies at Grangemouth and and a wee bit of Fife too.

Now feeling a bit knackered!

Attachments

• P1010700.JPG
    P1010700.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 42

suzeworld

Veteran
I've had a (ridiculous) 5 week lay off .. too many family plans plus the ToB weekend and a nasty virus .. suddenly 5 weeks has taken the edge of my super-fit-summer-form ..

But we did 30 miles out from up the hilll behind our house across country towards Leek, cutting round by Rudyard Lake and the side ofTittesworth Reservior (coffe break and the Lazy Trout) then up Gunn Hill .. and loop back home

I just felt pleased I'd got back out, and what a nice day it was too, weather wise .. so hopefully we can keep this loop up over the coming months and not get too nesh about cycling in the winter!

Bryony

Veteran
Todays ride ended up being totally different to the one planned. David and I should have been doing a 14 mile sky ride from Whitstable to Canterbury and back setting off at 10am but we both overslept this morning so that plan went out the window!!

We decided to take a trip to Deal and set off just before midday. Before we had even set off we got stopped by the band of the Air Cadets marching up our road, followed by the Sea Cadets and Army Cadets! Once they had passed we set off. It was a sunny but blustery day but it was a lovely tail wind on the way out, which meant I was dreading the head wind on the way home!

We stopped off in Sandwich and sat by the river for a little breather. We then set off for Deal via Sandwich Bay. David wanted to try a route he'd never been down before as he's always been on his road bike and it's a bit of a dodgy surface. Well its safe to say we won't be going that way again unless we're on mountain bikes, it was pretty much all pebbles and the further we went down it the more like a pebble beach it was turning into, our poor hybrids couldn't take it so we turned round and went back!! The weather was also turning, it got a lot colder and was starting to rain so we decided to cut the ride short and go and find a cafe in Sandwich and have cake and coffee. A nice slice of chocolate cake and a cup of coffee devoured, we headed home. (i hated every minute of the head wind:sad:)
009.JPG

The Air Cadets
011.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

This impressive fellow was at Ramsgate Harbour today
016.JPG

Bikes on the sea front
017.JPG

By the river
018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

Cyclist33

0.3 miles to the offy for a 4 pack of Export, and back.

Knackered!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Heugh Rd, North Berwick, East Lothian EH39/@56.0521396,-2.7038502,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x4887076e30a6669b:0xdbfb9b83d7d86d50 Started off here to cheer on guys taking part in the Poppyscotland East Lothian Sportive
Though most riders appreciated my support, I did get some questionable looks from others. As I explained to a few as they were wheezing up Hughie Brae( in scot's translated means feeling sick) that since le Tour of Yorkshire, I have this overwhelming compulsion to stand on steep gradients and cheer on cyclist. Hope I'm not cured as I quite enjoy myself.

I'm sure, but not positive, Mark Beaumont said I looked dramatic standing on my wall with the sun shinning from behind in my Irn Bru cycle top.

After that, another 45mile tour round glorious East Lothian.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
Todays ride ended up being totally different to the one planned. David and I should have been doing a 14 mile sky ride from Whitstable to Canterbury and back setting off at 10am but we both overslept this morning so that plan went out the window!!

We decided to take a trip to Deal and set off just before midday. Before we had even set off we got stopped by the band of the Air Cadets marching up our road, followed by the Sea Cadets and Army Cadets!.....
Looks like a few of them are way out of step........:smile:

surfdude

Veteran
2 rides over the weekend for a local charity i work for . 70 miles yesterday and 40 today and a sore butt to know it was a hard 2 days over the small hills of cornwall from bube to landsend .
will be doing it again soon as one of the guys daughter was taken ill so could not make it so a few of us have said we will support him when he can do it .
best of all no aholes ruined it and all drivers very good to us .

albion

Guru
I try to make the most of perfect weather days so again it was west across to Hexham, SW past Stublick onto the Alston road and then the Ninebanks route to Nenthead. From Nenthead, new to me was the grunt over to Garrigal for a walk up the short very off road section to reach the Middleton-in-Teesdale road for Langdon Beck.

The views along there were amazing, a very thin mist in the sunny distance making the dual towering hills to my right look like dark silhouettes you see sometimes in unreal looking paintings. I was already quite high up so checked the map on my return to find one of the big brutes at the back was the Great Dunn Fell, the number 1 ranked climb in England.
Near Langdon Beck it was over Harthope Head to St Johns Chapel, down to Stanhope for Crawleyside Bank then mainly road to Leadgate(east Consett) for my usual C2C route back.

104 miles in all, and if I get the chance to be done again this year. Northumberland, the North Pennines, Cumbria, Weardale and Teesdale do bake perfect scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom