Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Fitted a new set of suspension forks to my MTB during the week (RockShox 30 Gold TK Solo Air), so today I just had to get out to play!
First part of the plan was find something off road, but not too technical as it's been a few years since I did any proper MTB'ing. So I headed off from home, for the 6 mile climb up the Brisbane Glen. A very quiet single track road with virtually nothing in the way of traffic. I went to Loch Thom, then over a Land Rover type track past the local TV/radio transmitter at Scroggie Bank. From there it was downhill to the east side of the Greenock Cut. A path follows the cut (which is a 5.5 mile long aqueduct built by Robert Thom in 1827 to supply water and hydro electric power to the industrial town of Greenock) all the way to Cornalees visitor centre. From there it is a short hop back to Loch Thom, then a bit of a climb back to the top of Brisbane Glen, followed by the 6 mile descent :smile:. The new forks are great; must get down to the 7 Stanes soon to test them for real!
Strava here.

The nice clean bike (at the start of the ride!) with new forks:
Trek73daysout046_zps614440fa.jpg

Trek73daysout044_zpsd9a53aff.jpg

As close as you ever want to get to Greenock (only kidding @Bobby Mhor :thumbsup:) with Helensburgh across the Clyde:
Trek73daysout054_zps9893d3ba.jpg

The overflow from Loch Thom was working hard after recent wet weather:
Trek73daysout058_zps89a660e8.jpg
That's a seriously nice bike :smile:

Brandane

Legendary Member
That's a seriously nice bike :smile:
Thanks SL; it's not bad for 8 years old!
I don't quite know what it is about that bike, but I love it, and it always gets admiring comments from others. Must be the sunburst paint scheme I think. That one isn't actually the one I originally owned from new. That one was sold to my brother when I bought my Tricross in 2009. As soon as I did the deal, I regretted it. Then by pure chance I saw an identical one on e-bay a few years back, being sold by a member on here @mrmacmusic . Not planning to let this one go any time soon!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Fitted a new set of suspension forks to my MTB during the week (RockShox 30 Gold TK Solo Air), so today I just had to get out to play!
First part of the plan was find something off road, but not too technical as it's been a few years since I did any proper MTB'ing. So I headed off from home, for the 6 mile climb up the Brisbane Glen. A very quiet single track road with virtually nothing in the way of traffic. I went to Loch Thom, then over a Land Rover type track past the local TV/radio transmitter at Scroggie Bank. From there it was downhill to the east side of the Greenock Cut. A path follows the cut (which is a 5.5 mile long aqueduct built by Robert Thom in 1827 to supply water and hydro electric power to the industrial town of Greenock) all the way to Cornalees visitor centre. From there it is a short hop back to Loch Thom, then a bit of a climb back to the top of Brisbane Glen, followed by the 6 mile descent :smile:. The new forks are great; must get down to the 7 Stanes soon to test them for real!
Strava here.

The nice clean bike (at the start of the ride!) with new forks:
Trek73daysout046_zps614440fa.jpg

Trek73daysout044_zpsd9a53aff.jpg

As close as you ever want to get to Greenock (only kidding @Bobby Mhor :thumbsup:) with Helensburgh across the Clyde:
Trek73daysout054_zps9893d3ba.jpg

The overflow from Loch Thom was working hard after recent wet weather:
Trek73daysout058_zps89a660e8.jpg

@Brandane I haven't been over that way recently as the local farmers are going nuts using 'bomfords' on their roadside hedging...
but Scroggy Bank is one of my sunny 'go to' runs..
Greenock is passe, try living in the Port (oh sorry)

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
14.6 miles today. A Goodwill Tour. Well, I rode to the Goodwill, and got some mittens from the Vancouver Winter Olympics. I also saw the new road work, and the trail will soon be connected so I have direct access to the trail and other points of departure into the countryside. Cold, windy, but no rain. 45f, 18 mph winds WNW, G 22.

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
My ride today to work was a tad longer than normal after staying at the in-laws.. Ended when I rolled onto site at work and got my 3rd puncture of the week.. So can't wait for payday to buy better tyres than the Kendals I have now that are giving my poor wallet a dent paying for patches and tubes!! I need some gatorskins in my life!! Going to be a annoying cycle home on a low pressure rear pumped by hand :sad:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Usually go for a much longer ride on a Sunday, but it was still nice to have a 20 mile trash around and through the puddles/floods.
Not one of the most engaging photographs I've ever taken, but it shows The Finn struggling to cope at Tuddenham St Martin - a situation that occurs in the anthropomorphic toy and small animal section my latest novel (currently in the hands of my agent).

Finn in Flow.jpg

jayonabike