Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Thank you and :eek: :unsure:

Not sure about that. I have in mind trying the Imperial Century a Month challenge but I want to know if I can repeat the feat in February before comitting otherwise it could be a really short challenge.:laugh:

Me too.....!

MikeW-71

Veteran
Yesterdays ride was very short and a spur-of-the-moment thing inbetween rainstorms.

With the family together at New Year, Mum spotted the lack of rain and suggested we could take little Samuel out on the bikes to see the Donkeys. So, we did. Fished out the spare bikes from the garage, me with my old Trek hybrid, Ian on his 80's Raleigh MTB, Dad on my sisters old (and terrible) Apollo MTB and Samuels old 16" bike that he's grown out of really, but it just about still fits.

A dash of air into soft tyres :pump: and we headed to see the Donkeys (which is less than half a mile).

On the way back: "Can we go up there Uncle Mike?".. pointing up towards the busy main road :blink:
Errrr... "OK" says Ian, "We can go up to the path by the road"

We get up there and Samuel wants to go further. We all bimble down the path beside the road to the next minor road. He still wants to go further, so we set off on the minor road through the woods, after which there is a short steep climb. Ian gives him a hand to ride up it. He would have carried on had a bit of drizzle not started, so we turned around.

He plunges down the hill at 22mph and back through the woods with his legs going like a Hamster :laugh:

Then the drizzle stopped, but it was lunch time, so we just headed back.

3.5 miles, but very entertaining in the company of a 6 year old :biggrin: :bicycle:

robjh

Legendary Member
I had only a short ride today, but it was a good one, at the end of a beautiful clear winter's afternoon as the sun was getting low.
I had to drop the van off in Royston, then rode back through the 'hill villages' of Barley, Great Chishill, Chrishall and Elmdon before dropping down Coploe Hiill into Ickleton, and thence a short way home. These lie on the chalk ridge that in these parts runs more or less along the southern border of Cambridgeshire with Essex and Hertfordshire, and can be surprisingly hilly as well as particularly scenic. Near Catmere End a couple in a car pointed out to me a line of deer grazing behind a hedgerow three fields away, and I then caught the last sunlight of the day flitting through the trees as I rode down the last hill.

No photos as the light was getting too low, but I have some fine mental pictures still.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Nice ride, once I got going, over towards Chapel Brampton and up past the old railway station towards Market Harborough.

DSC_0273.JPG

DSC_0276.JPG

There's some lovely bits of railway stuff around here since Beeching last visited..

DSC_0284.JPG

Onwards to Mkt. Harborough, and through the Oxenden & Kelmarsh tunnels.

DSC_0290.JPG

The view from about 50 yards before bursting back into daylight.

DSC_0292.JPG

Quick coffee stop at Waterloo Café before heading back southwards, expecting a bit of a headwind but pleasantly surprised most of the way. I only had a side wind on the open stretches to contend with after yesterdays gales!

Back home on 44 miles in lovely sunny, but a bit chilly, weather.

Quite a few PB's as well! (Not just the 2015 Strava KOM thing either)
Happy with another day out before going back to w*rk tomorrow. Boooo

http://www.strava.com/activities/235652352

:smile:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Just the bread run for me today, in the rain. Whilst the bread stayed dry, I discovered my waterproof overtrousers are not, well, waterproof:rolleyes:. Recommendations for new ones welcomed.
4.5 somewhat damp miles.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Cold and wet ride this morning 32 miles out to Epping, my waterproof gloves are definitely not waterproof, i can feel a letter going of to Endura. i find it hard to believe they can call them waterproof when they are not, they obviously don't test them, apart from that it was an uneventful ride, i was glad to get home and into a nice hot shower,
http://www.strava.com/activities/236039454

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Cold and wet ride this morning 32 miles out to Epping, my waterproof gloves are definitely not waterproof, i can feel a letter going of to Endura. i find it hard to believe they can call them waterproof when they are not, they obviously don't test them, apart from that it was an uneventful ride, i was glad to get home and into a nice hot shower,
http://www.strava.com/activities/236039454
A like for getting out and for the report, not for getting cold and wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom