Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andabby

Über Member
My ride today will be 2.5 miles at 6am, temp is around 0C, cold enough to bring a tear to a glass eye

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
After an offer from a mate yesterday of joining him for a 50 miler (declined due to a late finish ;) :cold:) at the crack of dawn this morning, I had to pop out to get a few bits from the shop. It had warmed up to -2 by this time.

IMG_20150104_095623.JPG

I solved the frozen padlock issue quite quickly and skittered off down the road..

DSC_0299.JPG

Would you believe there were idiots out playing football in this weather?!

After getting what I needed from the shop, I added another 9 miles to my route home to make it up to 100 for the week. Roll on the rest of 2015...

DSC_0302.JPG

The old house was looking a bit spooky through the frozen mists on the way back as well..

DSC_0313.JPG

And, once home, I realised why the rear derailleur was slipping a bit. :laugh:

Ho hum.. Off to w*rk now. Boooo

http://www.strava.com/activities/236496802

:smile:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Out with the Kingsway CC again this morning for our first club ride of the year. A few newbies and - even better- someone older than me came along today, making a cracking turnout of 15 of us. Not everyone fancied the hills, so we rode along together as far as Stonehouse before one group made for the hills and the other headed for home the flat way. There were a few of us Cycle Chatters in the hill group, including @gordyfinbar, @Largie, @Dark46 ,@maltloaf and myself. @Dark46 is much braver (or just way more foolhardy) than me, and was trying out his new clipless pedals today. I know what you are all wondering. The answer is "less than 5 miles" ..... (before he went wheels up)!

We had a couple of visits from the P******* fairy today, making it slow progress with lots of waiting around, and I managed to drop my chain a couple of times. Apart from that, and the biting cold it was a decent ride. We headed off up the (normally) beautiful Slad Valley into what felt like freezing fog, then back home through the glorious Buckholt Woods. It there is a better stretch of cycling road anywhere in the county, I haven't found it yet. It's a lovely undulating and gently winding descent through the trees on smooth new tarmac. The fog, coupled with ice falling from the trees made it a very cold experience today though. I tagged on a couple of quickish extra miles at the end of the ride just to warm myself up a bit! 36.9 cold miles for me.

As I type this, my toes feel like they have chillblanes, and I am shivering uncontrollably. Time for a hot shower.
Cheers, Donger.

Last edited:

Spartak