Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

My first ride home from Windsor on my new road bike (guess what it is) , 10 miles on look pedals/cleats and happy to say "No clipless moments" :becool:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Did a wonky triangle between Taunton, Somerton and Bridgwater with the cycle group today, clocking up 77 miles. We set off in bright sunshine, but I rode the last 7 miles home in pouring rain. It's a good thing it's midsummer and I packed my waterproof jacket as well as the windproof. :rolleyes:

Two short rides for me today. In the morning I went to the local Gala
283640_10150920804989482_235984045_n.jpg

554730_10150920784059482_1125324480_n.jpg

317912_10150920784119482_347744637_n.jpg

Then after vegging out for a bit I realised I needed cash for tomorrow's cafe stop and went round to the bank.

Went out with the club and had a great ride, the forecast (a few days ago) was wet and windy it was anything but; we only caught one shower when one of the group got a p'ture. Got to the steep twist descent and I wussed out again :blush: others were hitting +40mph at that point :blush::blush: I went rapidly backwards, which turned out to be a good tact and I was at the back into the headwind to the cafe stop ;) Fortunately, by the time we got out the wind had shifted slightly and there was an element of a northerly (tail wind) as well as the westardly (headwind) :smile:
282792_3876274917446_102796830_n.jpg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
A quick 18 miler around the Acton Burnell area. It's very pleasant out this evening, although a bit windier than I would have liked, yet I only encountered 1 other cyclist en route who was just finishing fixing some sort of chain failure.

Where is everyone?

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
A quick 18 miler around the Acton Burnell area. It's very pleasant out this evening, although a bit windier than I would have liked, yet I only encountered 1 other cyclist en route who was just finishing fixing some sort of chain failure.

Where is everyone?
Just got back from a quick sub 15 miler round town and it is quiet out there...maybe sommat to do with football :rolleyes:

defy-one

Made a chicken curry, then a quick 3 laps for a quick 10 miler on my new roadie. Felt good!
Shower,bottle of becks and said curry .... Now lets see what our boys can do ....

Solo and occasionally soggy 50 or so around edenfield rawtenstall bacup and tod. Some of the roads round tod are well shafted after fridays' rain

:hello:Past you on the way to meet Bromptonfb,we went up Cragg vale over to Sowerby Bridge
back thru heb to littleborough,Mytholmroyd was the worst we saw for flood damage,
Loads of waterlogged furniture on the street,wiffy too with all that sewagexx(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom