Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Today, a leisurely 30 miles on the Whyte to Banburycestershire to get a bit of shopping and back. 'ark it me being all green and using the bike to go shopping! I'll eating lentils next.

Boon 51

Veteran
Done my first 10 miler today on a dog of a bike... Dont want to wish my life away but I'll be glad when I've got a new one hopefully in the next two weeks..

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Done my first 10 miler today on a dog of a bike... Dont want to wish my life away but I'll be glad when I've got a new one hopefully in the next two weeks..

Ten miles on any bike, can be better than 10 miles on no bike. Think how easier it will be when you get your new bike.

D

Deleted member 1258

90 miles was the journey, raising funds for the Myton Hospice the aim, up at quarter to six out the house at seven to ride down to The Myton Hospice in Warwick, arrived at eight and got signed up to do the 60 miler. Lovely route out past the Chesterton Windmill and on though to Upper Boddington, before turning to go through Priors Marston,and on to Willoughby. Climbed up from the A45 to the water tower then turned through Barby to pick up the main road through Dunchurch, the only part of the route I wasn't keen on, turned back on to the lanes through hill and Birdingbury and on through Leamington spa to Warwick and the finish. An excellent days cycling, what can be better, country lanes warm sun on your back and raising funds for a good cause, I'm knackered but happy.

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=449489

View attachment 11795

This ride, done on the 19th August, resulted in a cheque for £115 being posted off to the Myton Hospice on Saturday, made the ride feel even sweeter and more worth doing.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I looked at my bike warm and snug in the bike shelter, looked at the dark heavy sky then decided to go back to bed...well it wouldn't have been fair on the bike.

Bobario

Veteran
Did Snowdon today, and I have to say it was crap. It was too hot on the first third of the way up Llanberis trail, then when I got to the top it was freezing cold, foggy and drizzling. 1/3 riding 2/3 pushing. So I set off down the Rangers path hoping for a clear run down the hill, and low and behold I had to carry my bike down about 1/4 of the trail. The only good bit was bombing it down the Telegraph Valley trail (Maesgwm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom