Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Standoff

Cracking evening. Fifteen miles into a fifty and puncture. No spare so called for a pickup. Feel as flat as the tyre now!

potsy

Rambler
Cracking evening. Fifteen miles into a fifty and puncture. No spare so called for a pickup. Feel as flat as the tyre now!
:headshake:

U

User6179

First ride for a week. Dug my brothers rusty 1970's Falcon out of his barn, pumped up the tyres, adjusted the brakes and raised the saddle a couple of cm.
Planned a loop from Balfron of about 25 miles around the Campsies
Observations:
1. Downtube friction shifters are a bit of a pain. Thank god for STI and the like.
2. Old fat tyres and a gas pipe frame are hard work up hills.
3. Check seatpost length so it doesn't come out half way around your ride.
Apart from that nice to be out on a bike, despite the drizzle and wind. View attachment 12231

Stopped at that very gate last week ,think thats dumgoyne hill you can see in the distance.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
72 miles from Leeds to Darlington on a pie quest via Wetherby Boroughbridge, Ripon, Melmerby, Wath, Carthorpe, Bedale, Ainderby Steeple, Yafforth and Hurworth.

Pie quest one was to collect fresh pies from Greenwoods in Boroughbridge to make up for the ones that the butcher forgot to pack on my last visit
Pie quest two was to purchase pies from Asquiths in Bedale - very tasty they are too as are their sausage rolls
was wonderful and another ride is on the agenda to sample one, possible two more pie shops

Cockburns in Bedale and
R. White in Moreton on Swale

Today was a three pie ride: Pork and apple in Boroughbridge from Greenwoods, Pork pie from Appletons in Ripon and a pork pie from Asquiths in Bedale.

Forgive me Slimming World for I have sinned....

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Road up a mountain at vesuvious virginia then along the blue ridge parkway along the crest of the blue ridge mountains with views down into the shenendoah valley. Very hot humid and steep climbing but so worth it!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Did a little ride out with my two eldest girls today,well when i say little i mean't to say massive in terms of their cycle experience because they went out on the big, bad roads properly for the first time.Thankfully most motorists were very good with the exception of some donkey on a Ford 4x4 who got the "look" :angry: when he tried a silly overtake only to think better and wait ! We rode across an area called Astley moss which is basically a road between Astley and Irlam which is a mix of smooth tarmac,gravel and one of the most un-even roads i have ever come across with a "Look-Listen" rail crossing in the middle.Kids loved it and we survived without me gaining too many extra grey hairs !
Horse rider playing in a flooded field
010-2.jpg

Nice quiet road for training
014-5.jpg

Astley crossing
016-4.jpg

Manisha,my 7 year old
025-3.jpg

Jasmin,my 8 year old
035-2.jpg

M.62 motorway bridge
028-2.jpg

Boooooo ! Down with cars !
031-3.jpg

On the way home we found this "little" caterpiller in the road
037-2.jpg

Turns out it was a Eyed Hawk moth caterpiller
039-2.jpg

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
I hate hills but cant avoid them :thumbsdown:
If you don't go up 'em, you don't get the views.........^_^

Sandra6

Veteran
I've had two rides today. First was with a work mate who has just got his beloved Pashley back after a re-build and needed to give it a gentle run. I love that he calls on me for his "slow" rides. 8 mile round trip along the riverside path, very nice.
Then after lunch I got the youngest two out on their bikes and down to the park. I re-set the clock for the return journey 1.7miles in 17 minutes at an average of 5mph. Speed demons!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Took the old bso MTB out for the first time in weeks (due to getting a single speed), I only had a three mile journey and I bloody hated it. Now I have to break it to my wife that I want a real MTB...

I was scheduled for a proper long ride this afternoon but childcare fell through so managed nowt. Well apart from giving the chain on my single speed, which was a joy :smile:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Didnt manage to get 50 yards before a ruck with a taxi driver :laugh:
Road narrows with a traffic calming island, my priority, i'm nearly all the way through, he puts his nose right into my side of the road and blocks the exit....he thought he was in the right :laugh:..i said, what, your cars bigger than me so you've got right of way ?....a good deal of bad tempered swearing between us, i wouldnt back down, a passerby told the driver he was in the wrong and he grudgingly backed up ...a good start, but it wont spoil my day.
Out of Peterborough, Alwalton, Elton, Wansford, Kings Cliffe, Woodnewton, back to Nassington and Elton and back home.
One dead Tawny Owl at the top of Elton Hill...it was quiet out there.

Oh, and a pigeon sh@t on me as i rolled up to my back gate :laugh:
So, 27 miles at 17.3 mph, solo ride.

Mike Warren

Out on the MTB in glorious Northumbrian sunshine. Went across to the Reivers Route and headed over to Ponteland and Stamfordham, down to Wylam to join Hadrian's Cycleway, along to Tynemouth then onto Coast and Castles up to Whitley Bay and home, a 57 mile round trip. Never seen so many people out on bikes, Wylam to Tynemouth was like the M25. Got back in time to see England beat South Africa and learn that Newcastle had drawn with Aston Villa so not a bad day at all.

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
a>
The Wizard & The Llamas Audax. 116km ride across Cheshire to Macclesfield, a few stiff climbs and aflat finish. Great day out and thanks to the North Cheshire Clarion for the cake mountain at the finish:hungry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom