Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
68 miles as ride leader for fast group of the Clevedon and District today. Herding comes to mind, as there were over 30 of us and a few misunderstandings arose, as they normally do. Lots of climbing and a fast pace on the flat but spent too long on the front, but a great day out and nice to get some proper mileage in on the road bike.

0`0 > > >

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
After a few days (well quite a few) out at last, 10 miles in the dark & the VERY windy...

Thouroughly enjoyed it & by the blessing of the norse god of the wind 'Velowindicus' the wind was with me in 96% (estimated) of the ride!

It was a very dark, dark night, truely lovely with good starlight, the wind has dried most of the roads (& fields) apart from the little puddle that I caught whilst admiring the stars, turned out to be a sneaky deep pothole - the good old mavic T221's took yet another hit and carried on regardless, unlike my head which was ringing for a good 5 minutes...

cycling the best :cycle: things since ...

Your ride today, or can I revise the title to "someone up there is out to get me today". Set off out to meet dr_pink on her long commute, [this after fixing saddle rail clamp and bolt and regreasing bottom bracket shell] so all ticking along nicely. Step outside, open the garage door which the wind helped to open it at supersonic speed and chinning me on the way up. Oh well these things happen [quite a lot to me], but the stars are out even if I have a headwind and a mile long climb to look forward to. 3 miles done, pitch black but my Supernova Airstream throws a beam like a dipped car headlight and it's a pleasure to ride with, I digress. I know this road well and I am just into the climb when the heavens opened. I gave up, turned tail and with the wind did a mile back to the previous village and a bus shelter in a little over 2 minutes. It slackened off a bit so made a dash for home to pick up a waterproof but by then the stars were out so off I went again after topping up my rear tyre as it felt a bit soft.
Out of Oakham up the steepest hill, still into the wind, me weaving up it like a snake on cannabis hoping any cars coming up behind will make allowances as I can't hear anything as my rasping breath combined with the howling wind meant a battle tank could have been on my wheel and I would have been oblivious.
To cut a wine fuelled story relatively short, I met dr_pink, discovered I have a slow puncture [bloody useless tyres, 35000 miles and 3 punctures now] so I ride back like my a**e is on fire and make it just as my tyre gets too squidgy to put any further weight on.
Tomorrows another day, just can someone turn off the wind please.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
..it's actually really cold here today...th ewind is blowing strong from the east ...I asked th eturkish guy in th eshop when th ewind would stop..he answered in a south london accent...when the rain starts mate!

D

Deleted member 23692

71.61 miles today and very easy it was too :smile: I never left my desk, and stayed dry and warm in doing so :smile:

How come? I was plotting a new long distance/challenge route that I'm currently helping to develop at work, along with a suite of 5 day rides/loops. At some point they'll all have to get ridden as part of the process, so I'm chomping for better weather.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Ashamed to say, not even got into double figures since last saturday, wind on the coast here has been wicked. Its blown me to a standstill more than once this week. I've stayed close to home as a result. Hopeful for tommorow though, fingers crossed :bicycle:i will go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom