Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Cake not to your liking :whistle:
What cake? :whistle:

IMAG0254.jpg

potsy

Rambler
The above mentioned ride was my first of any length for nearly 4 months and I could tell :ohmy:

Legs were willing but my back was aching quite badly by the 45 mile point, limped along to Tatton park where I asked Hacienda and 400bhp to go on and I would have a bit of a rest before setting off for home at a 'relaxed' pace :whistle:

Good to be out and enjoyed the company as ever, the freshly cleaned bike is absolutely filthy again, as am I after getting splattered from 400bhp's back wheel (not that I was drafting him all ride) :whistle:

Not sure what the strange substance is that came with my bacon and cheese oatcake but it was quite nice :unsure:
IMAG0253.jpg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Rode to Wheelock with 400bhp and Potsy. Yes you heard that right Potsy came out for a ride.:whistle: Bit of light rain on the way out and a tad cold, but all in all not a bad ride. Cafe stop had to include a full English to warm me up, then a dryish ride back split off from Potsy at Tatton and 400bhp at Ashley. Tacked on a couple of extra miles to take it to 60 for the ride.
I even took a picture. View attachment 18711

The sausage and egg looks like it has been cremated not cooked.

Couldn't put a finger on it but going relatively slow (17.7mph average) I fell of the back of the chain gang after 38miles, didn't feel bad or dehydrated, winds were only 7-9mph; I do recall my chain not sitting right for a bit but it settled down and when I got home 24 miles later I didn't feel bad either and went for another 12.5miles to try and diagnose things I couldn't. After the rugby I put it up in the stand and try and figure out whats happening. I've done the ride before with 3 pints in me but I've had none for two weeks, withdrawal symptoms ? :wacko:

Lee_M

Guru
First ever 100km today. its a long way isnt it!

thanks to the Crest guys on Epping New Road for going past me when I was almost home. Even though I only jumped on the back of them for half a mile before they turned off that half mile gave me the break I needed.

and to the guy heading into Ongar... if you dont like being overtaken so much that you have to immediately overtake back.. then go a bit quicker in the first place so it doesnt happen.

Finally, all you guys riding round Herts and Essex in your little groups, stop being so bloody miserable and acknowledge other cyclists..is a nod of the head really going to spoil your ride?

Steve H

Large Member
After finding a problem with my road bike this morning, i decided to get the mountain bike out and do some off roading. Wow - wet, boggy, glupey, and sticky. 7 miles took me two hours with lots of stopping for breathers and a fair bit of pushing.

Got completely filthy and loved every minute of it!

Bike and me now showered and ready for Chinese take away!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Couldn't put a finger on it but going relatively slow (17.7mph average) I fell of the back of the chain gang after 38miles, didn't feel bad or dehydrated, winds were only 7-9mph; I do recall my chain not sitting right for a bit but it settled down and when I got home 24 miles later I didn't feel bad either and went for another 12.5miles to try and diagnose things I couldn't. After the rugby I put it up in the stand and try and figure out whats happening. I've done the ride before with 3 pints in me but I've had none for two weeks, withdrawal symptoms ? :wacko:
Maybe one of your brakes has been knocked and is dragging against the rim? It makes a huge difference - I know, having ridden 200+ kms on one hilly audax with a maladjusted brake but not realising why I felt so knackered until I dismounted at the finish and tried pushing the bike across the car park ... :whistle:

Club ride today. Cold (eventually got colder), dump and misty (cleared out by half way point). It looks like I am unable to enjoy an uneventful ride for the last three weeks.. Today's "happy hour" was my double flat and a massive hole to blame. :huh: Hey ho! Fixed a.s.a.p. (thanks to the the boys :girl:) and got to the cafe with nearly 20 min delay. Thankfully enough there were a few paninis left! :bravo:
All in all 34ish miles, one chicken panini and one pack of choc waffers in.. A good day out I say! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom