Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I did the same route as yesterday, no wind, but much colder today. Then I got a puncture, I replaced the tube with an audience of school children and a Baileys Creme coloured cat, that kept siding up to me for tickle, the cat that is, not the kids, that would be weird. I used one of those soda syphon jobbies to inflate the tyre, it did it in about a second, great fun. Then I was on my way again. Blumen taters so it was.

Apart from my commute, I went for a wee spin into the Fens today and with lighter wind I managed to average 18.2mph for the first lap even including the stops for lights and Roundabouts, the 2nd lap was a bit more congested and less direct so it dropped to 17.9mph, according to Garmin Connect, Strava only reports it as 17.4mph though :wacko:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
another night ride. The plan was to extend the original plan of 37 miles to 47 miles. It was just too cold for my feet, they went completely numb over Blackstone Edge and didn't recover. So I stuck to the original 37 miles as I didn't want to risk doing damage climbing back up to 400 metres over Herders. Really enjoyed the ride but it was starting to freeze again, road surface water was turning slushy, my water bottle froze so it must have been really cold.

bury, rochdale, littleborough, blackstone edge, cragg vale, mytholmroyd, hebden bridge, todmorden, cliviger gorge, burnley, rossendale, home.

heard birds singing which was unexpected but was really nice.

Keith Oates

Janner
I woke up in the night coughing and with a runny nose. This morning I got up to go out for a 60Km ride on the roadie but my legs felt like lead so I went back to bed. Hopefully things will feel better tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get In The Van

Got out yesterday for a short 19.5 mile run, was cold but not due to the wind but the air, think the temp was 3 or 4c, nice to get out and only got cut up once by an women who over took me on a traffic light contraflow and took the next left junction nearly t boning me.
also used my gamin for the first time and joined the dreaded strava:laugh:
think i may aim for the slowest times on each section

Well my day ended in a totally different way to what I expected.

Up at 6am as I was due at the Royal Victoria Infirmary for a procedure by the Neuroradiologist. I'm there on time gowned and ready to go. Operation cancelled at last minute due to no HDU bed being available.

So instead of being in HDU recovering, I managed 20 miles on the MTB. Now that's a much better way to spend a Friday afternoon!

Standoff

Just got in from a twenty miler. Really struggled uphill. Hopefully down to the freezing cold!
Normal Friday thirty very flat and probably need to seek out more hills.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Did a wicked 30 miler today. Just one of those rides that felt GOOOOOD ! Weather better today than of late, wind had dropped alot, the sun shone, the birds sung in the trees and my bottom bracket started to sound like a mincing machine. Got home, quick look and found that it only needed tightening up thankfuly. Decided a quick check of the whole drive train was in order as it was all fitted at the same time just recently.

Spartak