Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ewan87

I had a 14 mile ride from Johnstone to Lochwinnoch today, only had a few rides on my road bike and I'm building up my distance. it's not much compared to most on here but everyone has to start somewhere
ygabega6.jpg

5ydyzady.jpg

Phil485

I did a quick 20 miles around Staines and chertsey.
Nice to get out after a rubbish week with a work trip stopping any riding.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
16.46 in the driving non stop cold rain this morning. The first eight very slowly, riding whilst the enemy was running to keep her company. She's training for the London Marathon. Then I did another eight as quick as a could. Bloody weather!

G3CWI

Veteran
Horrible and wet. Took visiting friend for a ride. He had to make do with my old hybrid while I enjoyed the road bike. Despite the weather we did enjoy the ride and the average speed was not too shoddy (for the hybrid). Cheshire really does have some great country lanes.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I repatriated my old rigid mtb from swmbo's clutches, gave it a quick fettle and took my 8 yr old for a bit of mud plugging around some local paths near the airport. A bit wet and cold and only a 6 mile loop, but nice to get the little one out and about rather than have him sit in front of the Playstation or TV all afternoon.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I grabbed an MTB from the free bike pool here and headed down to the beach. I rode for a mile along it, then came back again...then sat in a jacuzzi for 30 minutes:becool:

G3CWI

Veteran
Ahh yes. I too overdid the exercise a couple of months ago. Spent all night on a trolley in A&E. won't be making that mistake again. Problem was skipping tea. I now carry emergency Mars Bar.

Wasted the morning :blush: It was pretty wet and miserable and all I did was pop to the shops. After a few hours of reading folks rides I though, I decided to head out, it was supposed to be drier in the Fens, it wasn't though, just windier :rolleyes: On route I decided to stop under this bridge to get a bit of shelter, whilst I ate my cereal bar (Wiki's description under their pic is a bit ironic it wasn't standing on dry land today :rolleyes:) . After a few hours though success, I got the tail wind I had planned however, to blow me home :thumbsup: I'm just wish I'd bought two packets of Cookies when I was at the shops this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom