Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
A nice 41 miles this morning in the sun, still a bit nippy but we are getting there. then another 10 miles with the other half to check out the new bike, she likes it.^_^

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
25 mile TT in lovely sunny weather, enjoyed the ride but disappointing result. 1:03:05 (23.9 mph). Disappointing in the sense that I know I could have gone a fair chunk faster but I paced too conservatively and finished with plenty left in the tank rather than arriving at the finish in a state of complete and utter exhaustion.

I had tried to predict my pacing based on recent 10TT performances, held effort at 95% FTP for 1st couple of mile then up to 100% FTP for the remainder. Turns out I predicted wrong and reduced the effort too much, by the time I had realised it was too late, cue a futile charge for the last 2 or 3 miles blatting in toward the finish at 28mph. Oh well, next time! On the plus side it is early days and I should go under the hour this season!

Maybe next week I will ride my nice wheels too :smile:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
25 mile TT in lovely sunny weather, enjoyed the ride but disappointing result. 1:03:05 (23.9 mph). Disappointing in the sense that I know I could have gone a fair chunk faster but I paced too conservatively and finished with plenty left in the tank rather than arriving at the finish in a state of complete and utter exhaustion.

I had tried to predict my pacing based on recent 10TT performances, held effort at 95% FTP for 1st couple of mile then up to 100% FTP for the remainder. Turns out I predicted wrong and reduced the effort too much, by the time I had realised it was too late, cue a futile charge for the last 2 or 3 miles blatting in toward the finish at 28mph. Oh well, next time! On the plus side it is early days and I should go under the hour this season!

Maybe next week I will ride my nice wheels too :smile:

Good luck on breaking the hour, still a respectable time for this early in season :thumbsup:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Good luck on breaking the hour, still a respectable time for this early in season :thumbsup:

It is not a bad time on the face of it I guess, should put me in the top half of the results and I took a small consolation prize finishing 5th in my category, but frustrating to know I didn't ride to my max. If I finished with this time and was in pieces at the end, knowing I did my best, I would be reasonably happy. I guess it takes a few to get into the swing of things and sort your pacing out.

My disc wheel and trispoke must be worth a minute over 25 miles (vs my standard road wheels), so riding hard enough to finish with an empty tank riding my good wheels should put me at least 2 minutes up and within touching distance of an hour I hope!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Went the hilly way to Chard under a blue sky and a wonderfully warm sun. Over 3,000 feet of climbing, rewarded with a large plate of lasagne at the lunch stop. Haven't yet broken it to my legs that they're doing it again in May or June to see what the view over the River Yarty is like when the trees have woken up and the grass is green:

River Yarty and valley 6april13 (1024x314).jpg

Spartak