Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
52 miles this morning in glorious sunshine. I really enjoyed the ride. I went up through the Hadhams and worked round a big circuit ending up via Puckeridge, then back to Harlow, again via the Hadhams. Several long uphill drags, not steep, just long and leg sapping! I broke one rule. I hurt my back yesterday but it wasn't too bad this morning so I thought I would chance a ride. Not one of my best decisions. After 10 miles I had to stop at a village store and buy a packet of Paracetamol. A dose took off the pain but I am paying for it now after resting up for a couple of hours. Masking pain to exercise isn't the best idea. I wont be out for a couple of days now so hopefully it will settle.

I did enjoy the sunshine though.

2bluegp

sunshine for a change! (but still cold) usual loop today, but with a an extra bit thrown in.
out through Pevensey & marshes, on past Hailsham, Arlington, over A22. past Long man, out to Seven Sisters country park, up Friston hill, down, through, then up East dean hill, up past Beachy head, then down zig zag road to Eastbourne seafront. back towards Pevensey & home. :highfive:

I too enjoyed the sunshine.

When your better half suggests it would be a good idea to go out and do some hill training, the sensible answer is "no thanks I'm watching Paris Roubaix", the idiot answer is, "ok then where shall we go?". Guess which one I came out with. Also I'm never going to admit on a public forum that I ditched the fixed and rode gears, so I won't. Thirty miles later and 812 metres of climbing and Mr Blobby's legs are doing a passable impression of soggy spaghetti while dr_pink is thinking of going around again, I persuaded her it's not normal to have those feelings. Fast forward a few hours and I'm contemplating a glass of red while she is banging one out on the turbo [I'm her coach and I can tell her to do that :whistle:]. It does however occur to me that I'm lagging behind somewhat in the fitness stakes :blush:.
At one point I made an excuse to stop at the top of a yet another hill to take a picture, definitely not my bike in the picture, honest.
2013033_zps401e2f52.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Just done another 11 miles with the other half, took of her clipless pedals and put platforms on for the time being, till she gets used to the new bike, and also i am more relaxed while i am out with her, she makes me nervous. so that's another 100+ miles this weekend.

With last weeks rear end shunt only causing bruising between the sit and thigh bones, I was pretty lucky :wacko: and the weather was forecast to be great so I gave Banjo's forum ride a go and the great banter helped too :smile: Pedalling up the Devil's Elbow on one leg was a wee bit tricky but there was no negative reaction (in my legs at least); so I fancied another ride today especially seeing the large numbers of cyclist out on the motorway overbridges as I drove up the road. I controlled my urges at first, settling down to watch Paris-Roubaix; the urge got too strong after that though :blush: My legs felt good but I should have listened to the pains in my throat :shy: At least the cake when I got back was good :rolleyes:

Courtesy of Rich P these are some Pics from Saturday's forum ride :becool:

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Just a quick eighteen mile spin up onto Salisbury plain, first time in a while.

Enjoyed dodging a massive grumbling beast of a warrior armoured vehicle as it tore past on the track I was on, about five feet away.

That near pass left me and the new bike covered in dust, gravel and un burnt diesel.

Brown Lycra shorts moment that was...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom