Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I did 52.5 miles this morning. I changed my route to account for the winds but ended up wishing I had stayed with the original planned route. I had a head wind seemingly whichever way I went. Like SatNavSaysStraightOn, above, at one point the wind just stopped me almost dead. I did quite a few miles on my granny ring. The little loop around the outskirts of Chelmsford was fun. It just seemed to keep going uphill, hills and wind, a wonderful combination!

As an aside, a large group from Essex Roads CC passed me and almost to a man they called out a greeting, what a contrast to the miserable bu**ers from the Chelmer CC who are obviously so far up the social class they can't risk being seen acknowledging a common hybrid rider. If I was going to join a club I know which I would choose.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I did 52.5 miles this morning. I changed my route to account for the winds but ended up wishing I had stayed with the original planned route.

I did that yesterday but had a major brain fart in the planning process. Instead of fifty eight miles of tailwind I had fifty eight miles of headwind. However the sequence of events yesterday justified my route choice.

44 mile ride. Out to the edge of Windsor, then to Henley, up the side of Remenham Hll, before dropping down to the A4 at Knowl Hill. Home via Ruscombe and Hurst. Certainly no hiding place in that wind, but exceptionally good fun when it was at my back. Longest ride for many months. Now for the Chiltern Dipper next Sunday. Hope my 12-27 cassette arrives in time.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Another hour ride as I slowly regain fitness lost...I can push along at the same old speed, just not as long and any hinderance (hills and wind) soon show themselves..:blush: and windy it is.
That said, nice ride, up Morborne hill (as good as it gets round here) and saw a hare..bloomin big thing, ages since I saw a hare.

Cycled up to Rutland for TFs Forum Ride. Great Ride, Great Weather and Great Company; oh and did I say GREAT :thumbsup:
According to the Garmin it was a min of 13deg, a max of 20deg and an average of 17.1deg so the legs came out too :smile: I hope the ladies weren't too offended by them ;)
Fuelled by Banana Muffins and a scone + cake lunch stop I sprinted back to Potybo and enjoying this bare leg thing I went for another wee loop. The temp is still 18deg (at 19:00) and :sun:, long may it continue :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
April has five weekends so my personal challenge is to do a 100+ miler on each of the five weekends. So weekend number 3 ride was a quickish blast to Ashford and back with Mr rb58 of this parish. A very mild outward ride with on and off drizzle. The return less drizzle with the sun trying to break through the cloud and managing so halfway home. Lots of blustery wind but luckily helping us on our way now and again. So, 104 miles for the day. 3 out of the 5 done and dusted. Bike all nice and clean and in the shed ready for next weekends ride.

ashford.jpg

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
bloomin wind :bicycle:<----felt like this going into it , behind like 'armstrong', from a side bit scary & became a big fan of hedges, totally went off big open fields with nice views.

Did yesterdays 31 loop in reverse today, actually quicker by 15 mins, though with the wind felt 15% harder.....................

MisterStan

Label Required
I've spent more time cleaning and maintaining the fleet than cycling this weekend. Managed to head out with the family today though, stopped at a couple of boozers en route. Abigail took a real interest in the bikes today, kept trying to climb on mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom