Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
Horrible ride this morning, one puncture, two incidents with car wing mirrors, both low speed so annoying rather than dangerous, one of these nearly led to something more as me and the driver put our points of view across firmly. He apologised and conceded that I was stationary when his wing mirror hit me. Two close passes and two overtakes on blind bends. The good bits, lovely tail wind for half the ride, lovely countryside, some horses out, saw some deer, got home before the rain started, 36 miles in total, cup of tea in hand.

BSRU

A Human Being
Able to get out for a little squirt this morning, although leaving a little later than I would have wanted, 6:15am.
Still a nice 35km with 400m of climbing, including a cat 4 climb into a fairly stiff headwind.
I had to miss out the second cat 4 climb I was planning to ride as I needed to be home at a certain time, made it with a minute to spare.

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
Thought I'd make it out for a quick 30 min blat before the wiggle new forest sportive came past... Didnt quite make it, ended up mixing it up with the peletons around Blissford, all good fun, until I got a puncture at the bottom of the hill where I live. Haven't had a puncture in ages, so glad it happened to close to home and after I'd got my excercise in for the day :-)

clockhammer

uploadfromtaptalk1365859626307.jpg
Good 8 miles on new 29er, very impressed with the ride both off and on the road

potsy

Rambler
Really enjoyable 40 miler this morning with a contingent of CC'ers and colleagues, one of my fastest rides ever, nice to be bowling along at 20mph+ for the last few miles with a slight tailwind :thumbsup:
Stopped for coffee and cake at the end, and got home as the sky was darkening ominously, wouldn't want my weekend bike getting caught in any :rain:

IMAG0275.jpg

I really enjoyable ride. I missed out on the training ride, as I wanted to be 100% sure I was over things before pushing hard and went out later. I went out at first wit a deliberately slow pace (10-12mph) in sunshine but a deceptive headwind as to not stress anything. After about 25miles I got overtook by another rider but instead of speeding by he stopped for a chat and I glad he did :smile: It turns out he was originally from the next big town up from my hometown (small world) and he was a thoroughly nice chap. So I upped the pace to join him and after a long chat we stopped at a lbs for a coffee and cycled back to Peterborough. Another positive, I never coughed on the ride, just two short coughs as I put the bike away and there seems to be nothing stressed (the cake went down smoothly enough any way) :thumbsup:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Rain stopped play :rain: it's going to be better on Sunday

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I really enjoyable ride. I missed out on the training ride, as I wanted to be 100% sure I was over things before pushing hard and went out later. I went out at first wit a deliberately slow pace (10-12mph) in sunshine but a deceptive headwind as to not stress anything. After about 25miles I got overtook by another rider but instead of speeding by he stopped for a chat and I glad he did :smile: It turns out he was originally from the next big town up from my hometown (small world) and he was a thoroughly nice chap. So I upped the pace to join him and after a long chat we stopped at a lbs for a coffee and cycled back to Peterborough. Another positive, I never coughed on the ride, just two short coughs as I put the bike away and there seems to be nothing stressed (the cake went down smoothly enough any way) :thumbsup:

I got a KOM in Peterborough today!

D

Deleted member 23692

1st ride of the year without the need for a jacket... just base layer and jersey :smile: No cold feet either, and I even had to take my gloves off because my hands were too warm. Seems ages since I could last boast that! And I just made it home before the rain. Happy days :smile:

35 miles in 2½ hours of which most seemed to be straight into the strong (but warm) headwind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom