Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hotfuzzrj

Veteran
Got a brand new bike. It's so lush I have done a sex wee.
Me and my OH are going on a little cycling weekend in France this weekend and I cannot wait!
I know some of you naysayers might not dig Bianchi but the colour scheme is Tiffany & Co...
What's a girl not to like?!

image.jpg

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's so lush I have done a sex wee.

:laugh:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Me and my OH are going on a little cycling weekend in France this weekend and I cannot wait!
I know some of you naysayers might not dig Bianchi but the colour scheme is Tiffany & Co...

View attachment 23985

I think it looks ACE, I know nothing about Bianchi bikes, so I can't comment on what they are like to ride, but I love the look of that, I hope you have a lot of fun on it.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member

View attachment 23985

Tell us bit more about the bike. What model, what bling n ting?

It was supposed to be training tonight but fb was quiet so I guessed I would be alone so I spun down to the meet point waited for 5 mins and headed off at the first rbt caught somebody for company for a good fast paced ride. Shortly later caught another bloke we dropped him, so when the first rider branched I doubled back to the bloke we'd dropped and went for a ride with him. It was evident that he'd never cycled in a group before but I introduced him to drafting and did 10miles or so dragging him; after which he was delighted that his average went up by 3mph :thumbsup: I then cut into the hills bumps and was delighted when I got a close up of a barn owl, who then proceeded to fly close by in the field next to me. Only when I overtook, did it take the huff and decide to fly off ;)

Summerking

Veteran
Went for a 7 mile ride to Helston via Lowertown, Cornwall, on the back roads on my New (to me) Brompton, didn't see a soul till I got to the town, same on the way back to our village at Lunchtime, Bluebells in the hedges and birds singing for sheer joy in the sunshine,this photo was taken a week earlier but is of the same road.14 miles round trip.
Helston.jpg

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I did my first commute to work today since being a slob for around 6 months. It is nearly 11 miles each way, feel pretty tired to be honest but it's a nice day and I am in no hurry to get home. I have been working up to it for a few weeks now.

:bravo:

NealM

I did 13 miles last night . . Not too sore ! ! Still trying to toughen up the rear end (as haven't been on a bike for about 10 years, until recently) . . Quite a long hill at one point, which I was VERY GLAD to see the top of ! !

Looking forward to a longer ride at the weekend:bicycle: . . Looks like we're going to have some nice weather , at last :hyper::hyper:

Peteaud

Veteran
Just back from a few days away from Sunny Sommerset so the bike ride was not in anyway our normal.
600586_10201426028238831_1209122780_n.jpg

As we stayed in coniston it did seem the right thing to do was to hire a MTB and have a pootle around Grizdale.

We had taken our helmets etc so all we had to do was hire the bikes.

All paperwork done, bikes set and away we went to follow the green "Family" trail. No mental offroad stuff, just a gentle pootle around the "forest road". The advice was to go anticlock around the 10 mile route, and to follow the green signs, seems easy enough until after a few miles there are no green signs, only red and blue. Ok so its just us, oh no its not, we tagged up with a few others who holding the map in hand admitted that they also had no clue as to their location. :banghead:

I am sure if you know the route then it is fine, but i have to say it was / is the worst map / trail ever, although its great fun.

Anyway, we finished and later looking at the garmin map we did actualy do the right trail.

389209_10201426022958699_909572799_n.jpg

(Mrs A giving me some sound advice!!!!)

All in, great fun and note to self, must get out on mountain bike again.

Summerking

Veteran
Today I rode from Helston to Penzance via Goldsithney on a quiet B road that Brought me out near Marazion, from where the view had to be photographed.
NKN_0043.JPG
this is looking over Marazion in the foreground with Penzance on the right and Newlyn on the left. The early morning mist had soon burnt off and turned into a scorching cloudless day:sun: .Filter coffee and Danish pastries in Penzance town centre to recharge and then home. Not entirely sure I have an easy enough gear on my 6 speed Brompton as I have had to walk a few of the steeper bits, perhaps its my age :smile:

gavgav

Legendary Member
Bagsied the early 15:30 finish at work today so that I could start a weekend I have been looking forward to for ages (Muse concert in Manchester tomorrow evening :hyper:) with a ride in the lovely sunshine.

I headed out on my usual route from Shrewsbury to Uffington and Upton Magna and then climbed up Haughmond Hill and along the road towards Haughton. By now I had realised that there was a very annoying and equally as strong northerly headwind, which was making it very hard going :sad:. I decided to take a route down to Somerwood and Rodington Heath that I hadn't been down before, and it was a fab mile or so of straight gentle downhill which meant a good 25mph section. I then took the road back towards Upton Magna and decided that I was going to loop back along Drury Lane (so that I could do the steep section back into Upton Magna, down Haughmond Hill, which I had never done in that direction before), but it meant climbing back up the mile or so of straight road. Not anywhere near as much fun in that direction!! 7 mph into headwind and long!!!!!!!! However the descent back into Upton Magna was great fun, hitting my top speed of 29.5 Mph for today's trip.

Unfortunately the sun had brought the idiots out onto the roads, heading home from their week at work, cutting corners, close passes, a chap doing around 70mph, I reckon, through a 30 zone in Rodington, who almost lost it on the corner in front of me. However I had possibly one of my favourite moments since I began cycling, when arriving at the T-Junction in Upton Magna. A hoon in a Capri (Yuck!!) cut the corner, almost wiping me out and obviously took exception to my glare and shout, so floored it with a screech of tyres and noise and then there was an almighty clang and bang and he coasted to a halt!!! :laugh::wahhey: I do hope it is an expensive repair that is needed :whistle:

Suffice to say I didn't pop along to offer any help to him.

I then gleefully headed back to Shrewsbury via Uffington and the old canal path.

18.66 miles, average speed of 10.8mph (will attempt the route again on a calm day as I reckon the wind slowed me immensely in places)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom