Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markoconnoraltrincham

Not sure how this works help!!!!!! New to this site (muppet)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Blimey Colin, do you not get news in HB, we were going to ping you about it yesterday but figured there was no way you wouldn't know about it. We saw it on Twitter, it was only Bernard Hinault riding up Cragg Vale!! Did you ever miss a chance there :cry:
Oh no - I accidentally dissed The Badger! :eek::laugh:

I wondered what the "Aren't you going to stop and ride up with us?" looks from the cyclists at the roadside were about ...! :whistle:

Oh no - I accidentally dissed The Badger! :eek::laugh:

I wondered what the "Aren't you going to stop and ride up with us?" looks from the cyclists at the roadside were about ...! :whistle:
In your shoes right now I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry. I won't mention it on Saturday, that would be so unfair, let's keep it a secret just between the three of us.

Big Nick

Had a good couple of days on the bike.

Yesterday the missus had booked us into a swanky hotel and as the weather was good I biked the 35 miles there while she drove down with the luggage. It was a cracking ride with my highest average speed so far of 16 mph

When I arrived the room only had its own hot tub to ease the weary bones!!

Today as the weather was still reasonable I biked from the hotel the 25 miles down to York and test rode a Bianchi !!
It was maybe as well they didn't have my frame size in or there may of been a domestic!!

Not sure how long I can hold out now for a carbon road bike......

Started riding 12 months ago and could barley do 10 miles, completed my first 80 miler today so quite chuffed with myself considering it was 7,500 ft of climbing, feel more confident now for the 107 mile 10,000 ft sportif I'm doing at the end of April

Nice one, you should feel chuffed with yourself, I haven't managed anything over 40 mile this year..........I haven't managed anything near 100+ since I was 19 but working my way up, if I can get some decent days with little or no gales

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
In your shoes right now I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry. I won't mention it on Saturday, that would be so unfair, let's keep it a secret just between the three of us.
:laugh:

Poor Colin. But on the plus side, someone might have taken a photo of you thinking you were The Badger.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
:laugh:

Poor Colin. But on the plus side, someone might have taken a photo of you thinking you were The Badger.
I was quite surprised to discover that he is only 1 year older than me. I didn't see him in action during his career because he retired shortly before I got back into cycling. It was his former teammate Greg Lemond's exciting Tour de France victory in 1989 that inspired me to buy a bike and hit the road!

alans

black belt lounge lizard
The Friday tandem ride was limited to 22km 'cause Carol was testing a new saddle & new shorts;both recommended to her by Bev at Longstaff's.
From Stone thru Meaford & Barlaston to the café at the Wedgwood Visitor Centre & Museum.
Came back along the canal towpath.
Really enjoyed the flat terrain in the bright sunshine.First ride of the year in shorts & short sleeves.

Carol says the saddle & shorts are really comfortable.That's a definite win:thumbsup:

The best tandem ride since we started.
No tandem ride now for 3 weeks 'cause she is away doing things with Blind Dogs Association & Blind Vets Association.

ETA actually I mis-read the odometer.It was 28km.I think I need to re-visit Spec Savers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom