Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Went to the pub last night. Note to self: never eat an over-sized chicken and bacon burger with chips (and help someone else with his chips) and expect the ride home to be comfortable. Especially over the horrible cobbled roundabout.

Lovely evening for a ride though, and the stars were doing their shining thing on the last leg home once I left the town lights behind.

gavgav

Guru
Went to the pub last night. Note to self: never eat an over-sized chicken and bacon burger with chips (and help someone else with his chips) and expect the ride home to be comfortable. Especially over the horrible cobbled roundabout.

Lovely evening for a ride though, and the stars were doing their shining thing on the last leg home once I left the town lights behind.

Note to self and @Rickshaw Phil remember this for the pub ride on Friday :thumbsup:

Alex H

Legendary Member
Yesterday afternoon :whistle: - went back to the garage to pick up my car. Took the scenic route via Cognac-la-Forêt and Saint Brice-sur-Vienne.

This is why I like cycling in France so much ^_^

09041401.jpg

This is a picture of the 'lanterne des morts' or lantern of the dead (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanterns_of_the_Dead) in the cemetery of Cognac-la-Forêt

There are several theories of why they exist - but there are a few around this region of France, all registered as historic monuments and marked on IGN maps. There is even one in Bisley, Gloucestershire.

09041402.jpg

Picked up the car - after I had signed a waiver absolving the garage of all responsibility should I have an accident :eek: due to the tyres being a bit worn :whistle:
Bought 4 new ones straight away - so that's all taken a big chunk out of the bank :sad:

28km - 1:19:00

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Just back in from a short ride. I rode the same route as this time last week which was 5.11 miles around the block. 24mins 41 secs so averaged 12.4mph, so nice and steady. Hubster came with me, his first ride of the year, and pedalled off and left me :thumbsdown: However, by the time we turned back in to our street, I could have gone round again and he was knackered :dance: so that's OK then. Planning on the same again tomorrow now he's feeling a bit more motivated to ride. I am feeling a bit more cheerful too. I've been struggling with my depression lately and just can't raise the wherewithall to kick myself up the bum. It was great to get out today again though.

I remember being fitter and cycling for 50 miles at a time, that fitness seems a long way off but I know if I keep riding that the fitness will come back again and my shorts will, once again, fit.

Usual ride over to my parents for some hard labour in the garden... :whistle:
Nowt much to report, but given they go on holiday tomorrow for a week, I hadn't planned to go back that way (note past tense - my mother wants me to water her garden whilst she is away!) so thought I would take the opportunity to get some pictures of a lovely white flowering cherry tree that is in full bloom at the moment and it is very heavily laden as well. My camera had other ideas though - it started flashing up low battery (showing the 1/3rd full line) last week and I was seeing how long it lasted. Not very long as it turns out... so the pictures...

IMG_0402.JPG

My clean (yep its a red bike!) bike after yesterday's fettlin' to resolve the STI lever shifting problem.

IMG_0404.JPG

My bike & the tree, but I really didn't do it any justice at all... sadly most the blossom will be gone by the time I next plan to pass the tree.

IMG_0407.JPG

And a close-up for good measure - probably the best shot - the camera battery failed at this point, informing I must replace the battery...

Not a particularly fast ride, but I was taking it easy with my asthma playing up all night and most of this morning and then I did rather a lot of heavy lifting this afternoon, so tired on the way home. might get a leisure ride in tomorrow if the weather holds out... :biggrin: http://www.strava.com/activities/128802753

jhawk

Veteran
I think it was all about that big hole in your saddle. ^_^

Hehehehe... That's the way that they're designed.

http://selleanatomica.com/products/titanico-x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom