Your thing in front of a thing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
Thanks for that I was contemplating the sustrans route but I have found they are not necessarily trike friendly in bits. Is the Elgin bit part of sustrans and if not where does it start? If not part of the route is there parking handy?
Route 1from Cullen to Elgin is trike friendly.
So is the cycle route from Elgin to Lossiemouth.
HTH
Edit*
There is parking by the library in Elgin right on route 1.

Last edited:
Most of the rest is on minor roads that shouldn’t cause any trouble. If you’re looking at a map, I’d head away from the coast (if travelling from Cullen) after the Garmouth viaduct, follow minor roads to Lhanbryde, pick up the cycle path along the A96 which parts from the main road after a mile or two and takes a nice winding route along the river into Elgin. You can then pick up the Lossiemouth cycle path out to the coast and enjoy great views and ice creams! (There‘s also great ice cream to be had in Cullen and Buckie!)

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
Most of the rest is on minor roads that shouldn’t cause any trouble. If you’re looking at a map, I’d head away from the coast (if travelling from Cullen) after the Garmouth viaduct, follow minor roads to Lhanbryde, pick up the cycle path along the A96 which parts from the main road after a mile or two and takes a nice winding route along the river into Elgin. You can then pick up the Lossiemouth cycle path out to the coast and enjoy great views and ice creams! (There‘s also great ice cream to be had in Cullen and Buckie!)

Not at the moment they're closed! (Covid19)

From my morning commute today. Total number of vehicles spotted = 2. At the mouth of the Spey.

jayjay

Veteran
Down to Stone Creek, the oddest looking fruit trees. Bit fishy, if you ask me..

49912811791_f8b4e018c1_z.jpg floatfruit by John Jackson, on Flickr

My VTX in front of Elgin Cathedral, the “Lantern of the North”. Or at least it was until Alexander Stewart, the Wolf of Badenoch, burnt it down in 1390 (along with most of the rest of Elgin), and the Lord of the Isles came along 12 years later to finish off the rest. 618 years later its restoration continues...

Ye get a bonnie view fae the top deck, as the buses say around here!

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Having missed your cues I was going to ask if that was Elvington airfield but I realise it’s Fort Paul... which begs the question, how did they get that in there?
Very carefully, I imagine. It's the last surviving one, apparently...I remember seeing the one that was outside the RAF Museum in Hendon years ago.

jayjay

Veteran
XB259 is to be auctioned, the museum has closed. :sad: Prior to there the Beverley was exhibited at the Museum of Army Transport in Beverley E. Yorks, also closed and gone. When I visited the latter there was a Chieftain tank in the yard, on a trailer. The tank was muddy and steaming, fresh from an Irish bog, I was told.

Top Bottom