Your top bodge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can be anything but preferably with a description and picture: Here's one I'm particularly proud of.

cgD5dF9NAQ2aexmbgNdehdqULtGMtNC9-YFd15gOKPB_VlxKB1-eUNQYix7nb1ygeSV5R8WIVIXy2gN_rIoJPb0CN-YZLswtvi6U840yI8HP60YYzYGz-cAtHLxIMySQGKQ_JlvRufJK2ACW8_pvyGK_apvyt90-eUzmiHKhe4G4lS8RsFsub45G8eBDC7t4nRUNZz4a7Op1pbQ8PVp7c-6Q9rHaBJfgeMWphqTQBTH4vzbZPhbGBVQKTUvhppXS9tFXdoUHNsxB7XQhBVWsoe1O0v-Ufum0CyQ-7eEP9_sGT9kilTGLfDE_YOqpQHHwvqy5MIZ3v_VETk8BiCLtBWrEmF3T4zSPzB91DDKG3qIywYh29X5FsNJ-UwTVRCIRiBfDSfQqMSBZ_Cq5JBPl-JkrhNCHKPiCHQ5gLYwIT8RPRmy7ee3oYBSLTU_tV4zOqWZ0Sx3itEDp-kYMkN5ox38ImqmZZY_jOvodRQXGWAeD0dje7z6xXvlxq4Iu6HDk33MyRirBWKLi40p4oogNneZYDV9ErSmKU7-n53YScV6qRwui5MS1PkjjjC6ZnEowsD0rVOnVGOajQBZm76qP7VtvOkYcOItD3RWzD9y1xxtkDaN8=w439-h777-no

20161030_102540.jpg
The flush on the loo was getting a bit sticky so the toilet dribbled. Anyway in the course of examining it, the wotsit came off the doodah and I couldn't get it back on. I recall the bathroom bloke cursing a bit when he fitted it and he did tiles, fitted the shower, hung doors, plastered etc.... so I figured if he cursed a bit, I would curse a lot and still fail.

So with the aid of just what was lying about, I fitted some string to the doodah so you could just pull it. This was cool but it got stuck under the shelf which is when I hit on the toilet roll as a conduit. That worked for a few days before slowly collapsing and then I hit on the idea of using my old toothbrush to re-inforce the conduit. The final flourish was adding a loop to the string for one fingered pulling and hey presto, bodge done.

Proper fixing will have to wait until I need a plumber for something bigger, though I am coming under pressure for an impending MIL visit.

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Can be anything but preferably with a description and picture: Here's one I'm particularly proud of.

cgD5dF9NAQ2aexmbgNdehdqULtGMtNC9-YFd15gOKPB_VlxKB1-eUNQYix7nb1ygeSV5R8WIVIXy2gN_rIoJPb0CN-YZLswtvi6U840yI8HP60YYzYGz-cAtHLxIMySQGKQ_JlvRufJK2ACW8_pvyGK_apvyt90-eUzmiHKhe4G4lS8RsFsub45G8eBDC7t4nRUNZz4a7Op1pbQ8PVp7c-6Q9rHaBJfgeMWphqTQBTH4vzbZPhbGBVQKTUvhppXS9tFXdoUHNsxB7XQhBVWsoe1O0v-Ufum0CyQ-7eEP9_sGT9kilTGLfDE_YOqpQHHwvqy5MIZ3v_VETk8BiCLtBWrEmF3T4zSPzB91DDKG3qIywYh29X5FsNJ-UwTVRCIRiBfDSfQqMSBZ_Cq5JBPl-JkrhNCHKPiCHQ5gLYwIT8RPRmy7ee3oYBSLTU_tV4zOqWZ0Sx3itEDp-kYMkN5ox38ImqmZZY_jOvodRQXGWAeD0dje7z6xXvlxq4Iu6HDk33MyRirBWKLi40p4oogNneZYDV9ErSmKU7-n53YScV6qRwui5MS1PkjjjC6ZnEowsD0rVOnVGOajQBZm76qP7VtvOkYcOItD3RWzD9y1xxtkDaN8=w439-h777-no

The flush on the loo was getting a bit sticky so the toilet dribbled. Anyway in the course of examining it, the wotsit came off the doodah and I couldn't get it back on. I recall the bathroom bloke cursing a bit when he fitted it and he did tiles, fitted the shower, hung doors, plastered etc.... so I figured if he cursed a bit, I would curse a lot and still fail.

So with the aid of just what was lying about, I fitted some string to the doodah so you could just pull it. This was cool but it got stuck under the shelf which is when I hit on the toilet roll as a conduit. That worked for a few days before slowly collapsing and then I hit on the idea of using my old toothbrush to re-inforce the conduit. The final flourish was adding a loop to the string for one fingered pulling and hey presto, bodge done.

Proper fixing will have to wait until I need a plumber for something bigger, though I am coming under pressure for an impending MIL visit.

Fine bodge, sir - I salute you.

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I knew before opening the thread it would involve toilet cisterns. Modern flush mechanisms seem to be ill-thought-out, flimsy, pieces of parp that demand bodgery when they fail.

Our loo flushes only courtesy of two zip ties.
Unfortunately true. This is the 2nd, not so old cistern, to fail.

keithmac

Guru
Our old traditional lever flush toilet is fine, it's staying until it breaks much to the wifes annoyance!.

If it aint broke don't fix it..

Top Bottom