Your user name?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Location
Watford
When I set up my account I'd just been reading "The Unquiet Grave" by Cyril Connolly, originally written under the pseudonym Palinurus. That'll do, I thought.

Don't like it much, but too widely-used to change it now.
 

hubgearfreak

Legendary Member
i'm a dyslexic teddy bear obsessive ;)
 

mondobongo

Legendary Member
Its a track on Global a Go Go by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros. Strummer is my music hero and wanted something a little different to ClashCityRocker.
 

papercorn2000

Legendary Member
Respect. Joe was he greatest musician ever (bar Sandanista) If anyone disagrees, I'll fight hi greco-roman stylee!
 
It's my name.
It's easy to find me on the internet so i've got no reason to hide my identity so far, although I did have a scare recently from some unwanted attention which caused me to have a rethink.
I am fiercely private about really important information though...
 

mondobongo

Legendary Member
Papercorn dont give up on Sandinista yep its all over the place have been listening on and off for a number of years and am convinced that it will click one day.
 

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Location
Leith, Edinburgh
A combination of my nickname and surname.

'Goo' was given to me after a primary school exercise where people had to tell everyone the strange words they used for everyday things at home. A pal said he called a cigarette a 'singoo'. At the time I was just referred to as 'Mason'. Since the first syllable of the nonsense word sounded just like the last syllable of my name, some wag tacked them together and started referring to me as 'Masingoo'. This was shortened to 'Goo' and has been my name every since.

Funnily enough, if you look up a Scots dictionary, you'll see 'goo' referred to as 'an offensive smell' - which ties in with my tremendous capacity as a veggie to produce copious quantities of pungent intestinal gas... :ohmy:
 

fairy

Guru
now now papercorn.....did I say you were one of the ones who knows me IRL???? :insterraisedeyebrowandknowinggrinsmiliey:
 
Back in early 1990's, me, my dad and my brother in law were riding the Salisbury Century ride. We were all wearing Toshiba tops, cmid-1980's and as we came across the finishing line the guy on the PA welcomed us home as the Toshiba Boys:blush:. On the Sunday rides, the name just stuck.
 

Lardyboy

Legendary Member
Gave it to myself after consuming too many curries and beers over a number of years.

Also in respect of the mighty Marc "Lard" Riley ex member of The Fall, ex partner in crime with Mark Radcliffe and now radio d.j. on 6 Music.
 
Top Bottom