1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your user name?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Renard, 31 Aug 2007.

1. Renard

Renard Guest

2. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Hero worship of Robin Bailey and love of Peter Tinniswood. And I'm called Mort.;)

3. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Interesting Ivan! I assumed it was some sort of South American freedom fighter.

Mine was a combination of naffness, cycling terminology and irony based on my usual performance on a bike. I couldn't choose between Tete and Arriere and eventually went for Tete cos it sounded sillier.

4. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

I'm a big Elgar fan, and he named his 1903 Royal Sunbeam bike 'Mr Phoebus'. Elgar was a very keen cyclist. ;)

5. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Senior Member

I always though Derriere de la course would be a better name - for being last I mean not for you obviously.;)

Mine is nothing to do with my fast hands it's simply that my surname is McGraw.

6. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

You should have called yourself Hee Haw!:biggrin:

7. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I work with MRI scanners (thus the picture of my brain in my avatar!) and the first scanner I worked with was a Siemens Magnetom. I used the scanners name one day as a log in (for some web thingy a long time ago), intentionally misspelled and it seemed to stick.

8. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Mine is my name - Jacomus, and my roadbike's name - Gen

9. When I started on C+ I was 51, have a liking for '51' the aperitif (working through latest consignment from Pertus..;)) - seemed like a natural choice really.

Another year, another place - the 51 did not seem to be so appropriate...:sad:

But I am not a dog - he's called Jack. And I know Jack s*** :biggrin:

10. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Senior Member

Hee Haw's not bad I suppose. A lot better than wan baw (that's one ball for you Southern types fortunately if you're not from Glasgow that doesn't rhyme with McGraw.)

11. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Can't remember how I formulated mine, but I know it took a lot of clever thinking.

12. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Mine is my name. But spelt differently, obviously, because I couldn't get a yahoo login with any other spelling.

For a long time I thought no-one could possibly have a name like mine and then the other day, browsing wiki, I found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melvil_Dewey

I was very surprised!

13. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

14. Unkraut

Unkraut Master of the Inane Comment

I'm sorry I haven't a clue. Couldn't be you are a petite, undernourished girl who is easily overlooked?

15. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Mine was my nickname among fellow undergrads, a shortening of my Surname. There were a bunch of us who tended to refer to each other by surname - I think in the early days one of the more sardonic lecturers called out the register in that way, and for some of us, it stuck...