Your walk today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yesterday. 5.5 mile loop from front door straight into the lower Fells. Trying to walk off a bad back caused by assembling etc of a replacement treadmill for the one that blew up recently.

For a change, here is a pic' of my trusty old Sigg bottle taken en-route - battle scarred and weary, just like its owner.

Around 30 years old, it was a twin but the twin got left on top of the Ben Nevis massif at Carn Mor Dearg (NW) - too far back to recover once I realised.

20231121_130255.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
5 mile loop (sort of) in the Kentmere Valley this afternoon:

Screenshot_20231124_175847_Connect.jpg

View from Hot Sausage Bridge (we always have them there at this time of the year when on this route) at the halfway point:

20231124_134854.jpg

Mrs SD's new Bobble hat - top bit at least:

20231124_134704.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
No striking scenery for me, just an hours walk through a local deserted industrial estate with the dog, found a fenced in area that allowed me to let him run like a mad thing for 5 mins with no risk.
Quite nice out there, good to stretch the legs (both of us).

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I waited until the temperature had risen to -4 before starting off on a circuit of Pitsford Reservoir this morning with the dog.

Screenshot_20240118-123711~2.png

DSC_4083~3.JPG

The path was quite crunchy in places...

DSC_4095~2.JPG

Interesting pattern on the ice!

DSC_4101.JPG

I stopped on about 4 miles for a coffee and a banana.

All in all a pleasant, chilly, unchallenging 7 mile walk, back home for another coffee & a bagel.

😊

I wouldn’t agree with Arthur’s Seat specifically but I certainly agree with the headline, there are so many absolutely cracking walks around here.
IMG_0584.jpeg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No photos of today's walk (it was a bit drizzly, and I forgot anyway!)...

My sister, her dog and I were driven by my niece and her boyfriend to Haddon Hill on the fringes of Exmoor. The weather was a bit uninspiring so we didn't do a full circuit of Wimbleball Lake, but we did do a nice stroll for a couple of miles over the dam and along the western side of the reservoir.

We will go back in the summer on a sunny day and go all the way round.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Up before the lark this morning.. 02:50 actually, as that's what my Work alarm is set for. I'd planned a visit to the B29 crash site just north of the Snake Pass, via the Pennine Way, for a while. Last attempt failed by a combination of knackered back and rubbish weather (with the A57 being closed by snow, too!)
Today, I parked where the Pennine Way crosses Snake Pass by 05:30 and headed northwards crunching through the icy puddles as the sun was rising.

DSC_4198.JPG

The flagstones across some of the more boggy bits were really icy & slippery so it was safer to squidge through the mud and thank my waterproof boots!
Even though the path to the crash site, such as it is, is marked in places, it's not obvious so I was happy to follow my Ordnance Survey route. Basically, head to the top of Higher Shelf Stones and there it is.

DSC_4207.JPG

DSC_4209.JPG

DSC_4211.JPG

DSC_4217.JPG

DSC_4218.JPG

After wandering around the area, I headed up to the Trig Point before getting myself across a really boggy section back to the Pennine Way and to the car.

DSC_4220.JPG

Screenshot_20240316-160405~2.png

5¼ miles covered before driving to Ladybower Reservoir for a few miles on the Brommie then to Hathersage Open Air pool for a swim.. That's almost a triathlon!! 😂

Top Bottom