You're a proper commuting cyclist when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

the reluctant cyclist said:
... you get really unreasonably annoyed if some imposter fair weather cyclist nicks your space in the bike racks....

.... especially if they then go and padlock their new snazzy lock to the rack and are not seen again until the next time it's sunny! ;)

That sounds familiar.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
When you do a whole year with no concession to the weather, including ice, and arrive at work everyday with a big grin on your face...

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
You get to work in the snow only to find the site has been closed and you're pleased you didn't call to check.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
palinurus said:
You taunt your colleagues by having dessert in the staff canteen. Every day.

like it, will try and remember that one

Plax

Guru
the reluctant cyclist said:
... you get really unreasonably annoyed if some imposter fair weather cyclist nicks your space in the bike racks.... :laugh:

I hate that - I don't put my touring bike in the racks but put it in the corner held up on the propstand. Some sod has started just leaning his bike against the shed in my space. I can't put that bike in the racking because the mudguard gets in the way, and if I put the bike in between the racking it takes up two spaces so I don't like that.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
... there's a constant reek of stale sweat coming off the cycling gear that's hanging over the desk partition and drying in the sun coming in the window. :laugh::biggrin:

Brahan

Über Member
You feel smug for finally using the clean pants and socks that were stashed the bottom drawer of the filing cabinet during a rare moment of forethought.

Top Bottom